s5 marshmallow problems
CATKRAZY
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the Marshmallow update, my Samsung S5 randomly at any time decides to restart.  Doesn't matter what battery percent, if the phone is hot or cold in temperature (never hot).  Bought new battery, still does the same thing.  Can be in any application.  Happens no matter what number of applications are being used at the same time.  Happens if only 1 application is open and restarts when that 1 application is different.  Does not happen at a specific amount of time, like every 10 hours, it is random.  Started happening as soon as the Marshmallow upgrade.  Not once before the upgrade.

Also has problems with the dictionary.  I type words correctly in a text or email and it changes it to something that is not even a real word.  Only happened after Marshmallow upgrade.  And as soon as the upgrade.

0 Likes
Re: s5 marshmallow problems
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

The first thing that they suggest is to clear the cache partition. volume up / home / power Use the volume down to high lite the clear cache partition press the power button   it will take you to another screen volume down to say yes and tap the power button again.Hopefully this will fix it but if it doesn't backup your phone smart switch- kies or what ever you use for backup and then do the factory reset.This is what they told me to do when my phone was doing the same thing.

CATKRAZY
Enthusiast - Level 2

is this to fix the restart problem or the dictionary problem?

I have just done it, I will see what happens.  Thanks.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

This is what I was told when my phone would just keep rebooting out of the blue

CATKRAZY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I did clear the cache partition at the time of my post above and about 5 minutes ago my phone restarted on its own again.  Did the cache solution work for you or did you have to reset to factory?  or are you still having the issue?  thanks.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

To be honest the phone has never been the same since the update in May.I did do the factory reset and it did help for awhile.I know I lot of people who have done the reset and have not had a problem since.Hope you are one of those that have a great phone again

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates should make your phone run better not worse, CATKRAZY. I am happy to help get a fresh pair of eyes on this for you. Based on the information we know so far this is certainly something related to the new software update or an application that is not optimized with the new software. If clearing cache partition doesn’t work we still have a few more steps to try. May I ask if you attempted to see if the issue duplicates in safe mode yet? If not this is a great way to narrow down the root cause. Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that disables third party applications. Here are the steps in case you needed them: http://vz.to/2gmhUNf . Please let us know what your results are.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

CATKRAZY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok my S5 just restarted again about an hour ago.  So that is an example of how long in between each restart.  but timing does vary.  so now I am going to do what you suggest and see what happens.  thanks

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to put an end to this power cycling issue, CATKRAZY. We appreciate you testing in safe mode. If the issue persists, please use the software repair tool to help correct any bugs. While this is not meant to erase your content, we do recommend backing up your content as a precaution.  http://spr.ly/65888JCW4

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CATKRAZY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well my Samsung S5 just restarted on its own in safe mode.  That didnt take long.  So I will try your next suggestion tomorrow. 

0 Likes