"X has stopped responding"
JDinges78

As you can see, from the title, it is "<Insert App here> has stopped responding" question time.

So, I have a Galaxy S7 Edge, has gotten all the most recent updates, is sitting at Android Version 7, Build NRD90M.G935VVRU4BQA4, patch level February 1, 2017.... latest patch was applied March 27th.

Now, since I got 7.0, Google Play Services stop on a daily basis...... usually multiple times a day, but now, it has spread to more app's.  Today, it was 3 different app's on top of the Play Services.

I have tried disabling the app's, then re-enabling them.  Clearing the Cache.  Re-installing them all together (some, like Play, you cant, and you cant even disable that one anymore, can only clear the Cache" and im about to throw this phone across the room.

Any ideas..... ?

0 Likes
Re: "X has stopped responding"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's certainly no fun when these Play Store errors continually come up and prevent you from using your applications, JDinges78. You're certainly on the right track with removing and re-downloading applications as well as clearing the cache. Generally these errors stem from an issue with Google services. A helpful step will be to wipe the cache partition. Please follow these steps http://vz.to/2nQjRCs to access the recovery menu. On step 4 you will select the option for Wipe Cache Partition which is just under the factory reset option.

I would also recommend to uninstall Play Store updates. You can do this in Settings>Applications>Application Manager>Google Play Store>Uninstall Updates. You will then be able to install updates to the Play Store once again.

If all else fails, a factory reset is very effective in resolving this issue. You can reset from the recovery menu or in Settings>Backup and reset>Factory Data Reset. You'll be able to use an app such as Verizon Cloud to backup your information before the reset so nothing is lost.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes