problem with phone pad after recent s4 upgrade
aacasey12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot use the dial pad since update this morning. when I touch nothing happens and then the screen goes blank. A Message appears "Unfortunately contacts has stopped". I cant use speed dialing. I have to go to contacts and scroll to name to make a call. I also cant check recent calls or use favorites. I went to a Verizon store and he rebooted it twice (I had already done it twice twice) but no luck

Re: problem with phone pad after recent s4 upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you aacasey12!

Being able to utilize your dial pad is incredibly important! I'm so sorry that it's having difficulties after the recent update. I appreciate all of the troubleshooting you've completed already. It seems as though either your dial pad or your contact list applications may have a small glitch. I would recommend resetting these applications. You won't lose any contact information when completing these steps.

Please review these steps: http://vz.to/17QlG6I and complete them for both the Contacts App and the Phone App.

Please keep me posted on your results!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Doesn't 'clearing the data' clear the data???

0 Likes
aacasey12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry tried the fix on phone and contacts and there was no change

>> Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

lolesa

My phone wont stay connected to wifi since the update and the music player just starts playing on its own. I will be using an app and close it to find the player on (I have the volume turned down unless I want to listen to it). It turned on yesterday while I was at work and I had locked my screen. It was in my purse and played for 4 hours and ran the battery down. How do I uninstall the update or fix these issues. Turning it on and off doesn't work. would pulling the battery and restarting help?

0 Likes
lolesa

I pulled the battery and when I restarted the phone the music was playing again. It kills the battery and why should it be starting on its own? This is frustrating

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aacasey12,

Dang! Well, we appreciate you trying. So let's take it a step further. Please backup your important information, process a hard reset http://vz.to/176v3fz , test, and share results.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lolesa, software updates are pushed to your device to give you the best wireless experience. It provides patches, which fixed software incompatible bugs and improved software performance to make your device more secure and it reduces conflict. However, it can conflict with 3rd party applications and affect the performance of it. I recommend that you uninstall a few applications and power it off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted on if this works for you. We're standing by to further assist you if needed.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

aacasey12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its not worth the hassle. I just stopped using the stock phone app and purchased another. wish I could get rid of the other one

>> Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

B33
Legend

Well I hate to see that when that happens and even though there's a Good no. a people trying to help ya it may end up you might have to get a Replacement. let us know what happens..  Wish'n ya some Good luck..Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes