Re: poor signal samsung galaxy s7 verizon
bulhorn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought a Galaxy S7 and the reception is my house and outside is minimal.  What I don't understand is that my S4 signal strength was strong in these locations ... going back to the Verizon store, not hopeful.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The S4 was probably connected to the band 13 and the new phone to band 4 or 2.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LAUMAR16
Enthusiast - Level 2

still having issues- thought improvements might have been made by now. I'm in 81101, my friend is in 81321 and the other friend is in 81144--- we travel a lot all over Colorado and just notice that where we used to have coverage with the S5, we no longer get reception on the S7-- many more dropped calls. poor connection/quality of calls .

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to us that you can keep your calls connected. Do you have roaming enabled?

EstebanP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BillP_Studios
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like everyone who has wasted their time look for an answer add me to those who aren't happy with lack of signal on my expensive Samsung S7.  I would try Twitter but I can't imagine there is a solution considering I started reading messages from a year ago.

My zip code is 12302.  It's a small village across the river from Schenectady but I've detected multiple towers nearby.
Most of the time I can not hear anyone I'm talking to with the exception of the first word. You'd laugh listening to her speaking one word at a time with a pause between each word.
Her iPhone 6 works fine inside the house. Everyone who has been in my house has been able to use their phone.

It's not just being inside. If I go outside it gets better but not until I walk 1/2 block which according to an app I've been using, the phone changes to a new tower nearby,

My bill is over $200 a month and just as much for my Verizon FiOS yet I can't use my $700 phone to contact verizon to talk to someone. Maybe someone at Samsung will know.

Bill [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message Edited by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BillP_Studios, we always want you to have the best service. We have checked your ZIP Code and it seems you are in a great coverage area. You mentioned other devices have great service in this area. Have you always have the same issues with signal? What services are you mainly having issues with (calling, text messaging, or data)?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Elspeth61
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have a Galaxy S7 and since moving to the valley I consistently have 1 bar 2 if I am lucky. Calls are dropping, conversations are cutting out and forget trying to create a hotspot. It started a few days after I moved and had no internet and started using my hotspot for my laptop. In 97702, I consistently had a great signal. Now in 97302, weak  signal.

Got a fix for this? By the way...never had signal issues in this zip/area before.

RORSPE4
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have the same problem with the S7 with calls cutting in and out insomuch you can't have a conversation. This happens both indoors and outdoors. Our S4, S5 and iPhones have NO issues.  We've replaced the SIM card and phone as well with no luck. We're very frustrated and unhappy with the call quality on the S7. Has anyone found satisfaction from Verizon with this yet?