one way camera notification bar that appears when making a call
JSIM111

When I make a call, a " camera----------one way camera " bar shows up on the phone. It shows up below the the picture square and is 1/2" high and goes completely across the screen. I have advanced calling in the off position, but this still shows up. It has only been happening for a few days. Any ideas on what's happening?

0 Likes
Re: one way camera notification bar that appears when making a call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your phone is working the way it should JSIM111. This is definitely a strange occurrence, but we will work to get this resolved. Are you using the default phone app that came preinstalled on your phone to make calls or are you using a differnet app that you downloaded? Were there any changes to your phone around the time the issue began such as new apps or updates?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Crockerranch

I have same issue. Have not downloaded anything. Still using Verizon factory setup. I had turned off phone and turned back on when this started to show up.

Would love to send screen shot so you could see what it looks like.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crockerranch,

I know how important it is to be able to make calls without complication. Are you able to receive calls without this appearing? When this happens, are you on wifi or mobile data?

JosephT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Crockerranch

It is there always now. Hoping it is an upgrade from automatic updates from

Verizon in an effort to provide video communication. Attaching screenshots.

Just please let me know if it is a virus. Thank you.

On Mar 18, 2017 12:51 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I really appreciate all your time, Crockerranch. While I'm unable to see any attachments, I'm very familiar with the Camera/One-way Camera bar that appears on the calls for Galaxy devices. There's nothing to worry about. It's absolutely normal to see those buttons just above the Add Call/Keypad/End Call and just below the contact's picture during an active call. It is associated with HD Voice and Video Calling HD Voice & Video Calling | Verizon Wireless  . If you have this turned off, tapping on either camera option will not allow you to actually create a video call. We are constantly working with Google and Samsung to get your device the best features through frequent software updates but you can check that your phone has the most recent software available with the steps at Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless .

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
Crockerranch

Thank you so much!

0 Likes