one specific number cannot recieve my texts, they can send them to me however, they are also using a galaxy s5, has anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve it
haeuebd
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is one specific number who cannot receive texts from me, yet i can get their texts and we both have a galaxy s5, what could be the issue?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: one specific number cannot recieve my texts, they can send them to me however, they are also using a galaxy s5, has anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

haeuedb, let's figure out what is going on. There are a few more things I'd like to confirm. First, do you know if either of you are o the latest software version? http://vz.to/1BguEHF. Next I'd like to try putting your S5 in Safe mode. Try those out and keep us posted on your efforts. Thank you for your continued patience.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: one specific number cannot recieve my texts, they can send them to me however, they are also using a galaxy s5, has anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to stay in contact with friends and family is important haeuebd. Let's get to the bottom of your messaging concerns. When sending a text to this one specific number, are you getting any sort of error messages? Are you using a third party app for messaging or stock application? Have you verified the other user does not have any restrictions on their account?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

haeuebd
Enthusiast - Level 2

no, there is no error message when I send the text, it goes out as if it was delievered,and I am using the standard messaging app that comes on the phone. They have also tried to trouble shoot the problem with their provider,TMOBILE, with no luck on their end, this has been happening on and off for about 2 months now.

Keogers
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem

0 Likes
Keogers
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have an iPhone?

0 Likes
Keogers
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information provided haeuebd. This will help us get to the bottom of your messaging concerns. Are you able to text other T-Mobile numbers without any problems? Have you verified the other number does not have any text messaging restrictions on their account?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
haeuebd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not have an iphone, and yes I can text other t-mobile numbers. They have called t mobile and everything looks to be fine on their end, no blocks of my number or restrictions so it appears as the problem is on my end yet I don't know what it could be.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

haeuedb, let's figure out what is going on. There are a few more things I'd like to confirm. First, do you know if either of you are o the latest software version? http://vz.to/1BguEHF. Next I'd like to try putting your S5 in Safe mode. Try those out and keep us posted on your efforts. Thank you for your continued patience.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes