new update.VRBMF1 arrived today
govaflow
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems faster but hvnt tried data connectivity and battery life ...any info ?

0 Likes
Re: new update.VRBMF1 arrived today
Not applicable

So far for me it's been just as bad...data speed is at a crawl at best. I performed all the trouble shooting tips and no luck. Factory reset, clearing cache partition, battery pulls, SIM pulls, roaming on, global to LTE...still very very slow.

Unless on Wi-Fi, the phone is completely useless to me. Guess the next step is to go thru an x amount of used replacements before I can possibly get a whole different device....I'm convinced this phone will never be what it once was. It's too bad, it used to be a good phone 😞

0 Likes
Not applicable

Oh, and battery life? After 4 1/2 hours of minimal use...54%

mineshaft82
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well before the VRBMF1 update came i called verizon and they sent me a replacment refurbished phone......the day after i received it the MF1 update came on my original phone so I updated it.........after 2 days of playing with it.....it seems a little better but the 4g is still spotty definitally not as good as it used to be...I THINK.....i dont know .......so should i keep my original phone or used the refurbished.......I dont want to switch phones and then the refurbished phone ends up having the same update/version as my original phone......

0 Likes
Not applicable

That's a tough call but either phone you decide to hold onto it's under warranty and can be replaced up to a year but in my opinion, you're going to get the same experience with both phones. I am far from an expert on networks but I have been reading tons on people's experiences since the first bad update and the trend I am seeing is those customers with average or slightly above average connectivity speeds were impacted the most opposed to those who have a strong signal. Personally, I live in a supposed strong LTE area (Phoenix) and never had a superb signal, but strong enough to get by and since both updates, it's unusable.

I wish you the best, but after what I have experienced over the last few weeks, I am very doubtful a replacement will fix my problem, the problem is the update itself. Oh how I miss 4.0.4 lol.

Keep replacing til you have one that works for you! Good luck 🙂

0 Likes
alrockaz

<< Duplicate posts removed.  See >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
adr58
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone seems to be draining faster after the update also

adr58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow!   My phone was at only 11% by 2pm after cpoming off the charging station at 6am.  Normally I'm hitting that level by 6pm at night.   Can I go back to the previous software version??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Adr58,

Let's bring this battery back to life! Sometimes with a software update not all applications restore properly. I would recommend a Hard Reset to the device to repair the battery software http://vz.to/LfV00q. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamela F.
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
adr58
Enthusiast - Level 2

A hard reset is out of the question.  Phone is set up for my work email and too much s/w to reload.    This shouldn't be required if VZW knew what they were doing! Just plain sloppy programming.

0 Likes