my phone no longer makes or recieves call it just says dialing and and then call ended. i can not even call 611 . i have tried reseting phone taking the battery out. i noticed this happened after a security update went into effect last night.
stark714

my phone lo longer takes or recieves call . when called it goes straight to voicemail  and when dialing it just dials and then say call ended. everything else works fine.   samsung just did a security upgrade last night.  the phone is only 4 days old

0 Likes
Re: my phone no longer makes or recieves call it just says dialing and and then call ended.  i can not even call 611 . i have tried reseting phone taking  the battery out. i noticed this happened after a  security  update  went into effect last night.
adonndel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same problem.  I have yet to find a solution.

0 Likes
Re: my phone no longer makes or recieves call it just says dialing and and then call ended. i can not even call 611 . i have tried reseting phone taking the battery out. i noticed this happened after a security update went into effect last night.
stark714

DID THEY REPLACE YOUR PHONE..

THATS A PAIN BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO  SWITCH OVER INFO AND APPS AND DO A FULL SET UP EVERY TIME. THIS SUCKS

0 Likes
Re: my phone no longer makes or recieves call it just says dialing and and then call ended.  i can not even call 611 . i have tried reseting phone taking  the battery out. i noticed this happened after a  security  update  went into effect last night.
adonndel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had it stop sending/receiving calls 3 times now... the first two times the problem went away the next day, but this time I am two days out and still not working. 

I have not replaced my phone, I am afraid to do it because from another thread that I read, it usually doesn't fix the problem.

Here is the other thread I found: I can't make or take phone calls, but i can message and use data. Has this happened to anyone else? ...

My problem started on day 15 so I couldn't just get a replacement at the store, had to get a rma to get a replacement.  If you have only had the phone for 3 days you might want to go to your store and have them replace it with a new one.  Me, if I could I would switch to another phone, but it looks like I am stuck with the S5 for now.

0 Likes
Re: my phone no longer makes or recieves call it just says dialing and and then call ended. i can not even call 611 . i have tried reseting phone taking the battery out. i noticed this happened after a security update went into effect last night.
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

stark714,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issue with making and receiving calls since the update on the phone. Have you done any troubleshooting such as removing and reinserting the SIM? http://vz.to/1u4xQC2  Have you tried the device in "Safe Mode"? http://vz.to/1hQYxZ0

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: my phone no longer makes or recieves call it just says dialing and and then call ended. i can not even call 611 . i have tried reseting phone tak
Faupeljoe

Call customer service or go into a Verizon store, you're most likely missing a feature on you account called "HD Voice". Had a customer that couldn't make or receive a call, but can use data and text. Added that feature and it now works!

0 Likes