i can't send text messages to certain 5 digit numbers - why?
dmlukas

why cant I send text messages to certain 5 digit numbers? while others work...

0 Likes
Re: i can't send text messages to certain 5 digit numbers - why?
Snn5
Legend

Some short code numbers change frequently, such as security codes and 2-step authorizations, others, usually companies, stay the same.  The ones that change most likely won't work as a valid destination.  You may have a premium message block on your account in My Verizon as well.

0 Likes
Re: i can't send text messages to certain 5 digit numbers - why?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's very strange, dmlikas. Our friend Snn5 has some great ideas on why it won't go through. If a particular 5 digit number is used for premium services (such as application purchases or premium text content) the block can apply. Some 5 digit numbers are not part of premium messaging (because there's no chance at a charge) and will still come through when a premium block is in place. You can double check the block mentioned at www.vzw.com/serviceblocks. But what happens when you try to send it to a particular 5 digit number? Are you able to receive from that same number?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes