how to keep s4 on wifi and not network
Kellsmom02
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need to know how to keep my S4 on wifi and NOT go into netwrok, wanting to be alerted or no connection if no wifi, otherwise if it goes into network, it will cause me a veryyyyyyyyyy large bill (internet usage). SO how can I get my S4 wo NOT allow me to use apps unless there is wifi available? My husband is taking this phone over and I have a new one lol

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to keep s4 on wifi and not network
dustinhydro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go to settings Connections Data Usage there you can turn off Data by unchecking next to Mobile Date or you can leave on and set limits for Mobile Data. If you don't want to go back and turn on everytime you are away from WIFI.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dustinhydro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go to settings Connections Data Usage there you can turn off Data by unchecking next to Mobile Date or you can leave on and set limits for Mobile Data. If you don't want to go back and turn on everytime you are away from WIFI.

0 Likes
Kellsmom02
Enthusiast - Level 2

Awesome thank you so much!!

0 Likes
GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

New to the world of smart phones and currently using a S5.  If the S4 is the same, in addition to info in post 1:

settings /data usage /scroll down and select app /scroll down/ select "restrict background data".

I believe this restricts the apps' access to data (like the app updating itself) even when data is on.  I use WiFi to update. But like I said, I'm new so no guarantee.

0 Likes
GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

On the S5 all Play Store apps can be set to update over WiFi only with one setting change:

Open Play Store app, settings, check auto update apps over WiFi only.

My posts are not specific to the original question which was answered but will provide a data savings related to apps during times when data is turned on.

0 Likes