how do i remove the VERIZON WIRELESS banner from the lock screen?
kjboehm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure why this was needed but in the latest update Verizon decided show off their banner in the top left corner and covering updates, texts, and other information (quick information) I can generally look at and not need to actually unlock my phone and go about my business without being distracted. How do I remove the name to see this information again?

Re: how do i remove the VERIZON WIRELESS banner from the lock screen?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, you can't.

Snn5
Legend

Is this supposed to be on the lockscreen anywhere other than near the center or bottom-center anyway?  I know on some phones Verizon Wireless is near the center of the lockscreen and always at the bottom of the pull-down notification shade.  Can you post a screenshot of this screen you see?

kjboehm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screenshot_2015-04-29.png

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

On the S5, the Lollipop update moved the Verizon Wireless tag to the upper left-hand corner of the screen when the screen is locked, so you can no longer see some of the notifications unless you unlock the screen.  IMO it's rather annoying, and others have reported similarly in other threads on the forum.

Snn5
Legend

That makes better sense now that I can see it.  I was envisioning "Verizon Wireless" covering up notifications in text form rather than icons in the bar which indicate what types of messages were received.

kjboehm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, it is annoying! While it was down at the bottom it was out of my general view and now vaguely remembering it being down at the bottom. Out of site out of mind. For them to even have moved it in a general spot where the notifications were located is dumb and unnecessary. I already see their ads enough as it is, why do I need to be reminded every time I open my phone? Previous phones they allowed the banner to be removed and I was happy with that but now you can't?

HAHA, thanks Verizon!

Richard9231
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with you guys.  I used to be able to just bring up my lock screen and see if I had a message, email or just a fb comment.  Now I have to unlock my phone.  Very inconvenient and a waste of time.

MunkyBrat
Enthusiast - Level 1

And this is why I freakin HATE having to do an update .  Ya either lose something you really liked or get something ridiculous . Or both.. Smh