Re: how do i change carriers? i want to take my phone off of the Verizon company and put it on another company. How will i be able to do that?
mama23dogs
Legend

The tag says S5.  

EIther way..."found" phone is not going to be activated on any carrier....

Re: how do i change carriers? i want to take my phone off of the Verizon company and put it on another company. How will i be able to do that?
Weth
Legend

Did you try to find the rightful owners?   The company that the phone is registered to is a good start.  

Snn5
Legend

Yeah, did you find this phone as in, you don't know who owns it, or you found it as in, on a website to buy?

0 Likes
jokerdaboss

found as in i dont know who the owner of the phone is

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Go ahead and give Verizon a call if you cannot find a contact number in the phone such as an ICE contact so that they know where their phone is. (call or text or email the owner unless device was remotely wiped by owner)

0 Likes
jokerdaboss

i found the phone with no sim card in it or nothing

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Go by a Verizon store or just bypass the emergency calls only screen and find the IMEI/HEX/ESN number and give it to Verizon.  This is about the only thing you can do with the phone.  It might already be blacklisted or it might become that way after you activate it if say, a warranty or insurance claim was made.

0 Likes
jokerdaboss

i mean i got something to reset it for me and everything i just wanted to take it off Verizon.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You might have started off with the wrong intentions to begin with if you, yourself, decided to wipe the phone before finding the owner.  I know I would look for the owner.  I know I'd be mad if someone did that to me.  Phones are NOT cheap.  I'm withdrawing from this thread.

0 Likes
jokerdaboss

how was i finding the owner if i couldn't get through the lock screen and it had no sim card in the phone?

0 Likes