how do I get rid of "checking subscription status" message?
HDB1

On Vz Sansung S4, how do I get rid of "checking subscription status" message on Voice Mail?

0 Likes
Re: how do I get rid of "checking subscription status" message?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
HDB1,

being able to access your voice mail is super important! Let's get yours working. Can you try rebooting the voice mail app itself? You can go to Settings->More->Application Manager. Along the top you can drag your finger from right to left until it shows ALL up above. This is going to pull up a list a mile long of everything on your device. Look for your Voice Mail app?  It should be in alphabetical order. Can you then click on Force stop and then Clear Data and Clear Cache? After you have done this can you power the device off and back on again? Once back up try accessing your voicemail app again.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DennisGauge

There is no way to get rid of the "checking subscription status" message UNLESS you subscribe to Verizon's "Visual Voice Mail" service.

None of this fiddling around that verizon has recommended above will gain you anything. I don't think they understood the question.

All the app does when you don't subscribe is dial *86 for you. So just dial *86.

0 Likes
HDB1

A simple explanation!  Thanks!

Devar

[removed]

how do I get rid of "checking subscription status" message?

created by DennisGauge in Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - View the full discussionThere is no way to get rid of the "checking subscription status" message UNLESS you subscribe to Verizon's "Visual Voice Mail" service. None of this fiddling around that verizon has recommended above will gain you anything. I don't think they understood the question. All the app does when you don't subscribe is dial *86 for you. So just dial *86.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

E-Mail header removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Right. If you use the basic voicemail, it is best to completely ignore the Voicemail App in the application drawer and dial voicemail directly from the dialer, the saved contact for voicemail or the notification indicating there is a voicemail in the notification bar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TERRY_LINDGREN

The message can not be avoided using the standard Voice Mail red icon, however there is a better way to solve the problem ... a One Button / One touch set up to get to Verizon Voicemail on the Samsung Galaxy s4 (and many other devices). ... by Terry Lindgren with the help of a talented Verizon Technical Support person...

1. Add a contact named VMX (or whatever name you like). Set the contact to dial:  *86,nnnn#  where *86 dials Verizon VMX, comma means pause, nnnn is your password, # says to execute. Also to customize the icon, press the + sign next to the name.

2. Clear a spot on the home screen so you can add a new icon.

3. Press the menu button on home screen (bottom left) to expose “Widgets”. Select Widgets. Page to the Contacts widget. Select Contacts, then press and hold Direct Dial Contact and slide to home screen. It will bring up the contacts directory. Search for and select your new VMX contact. Done!  Thanks Verizon Tech Support!

0 Likes