help s4 wont charge or turn on???? what do i do???
cody5241smith

have done everything taken battery out used different cored plugged into pc nothing is working!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: help s4 wont charge or turn on???? what do i do???
Klue
Master - Level 1

Did you try a different battery?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying so many steps already, cody5241smith. Do you get any error message or any lights of any kind when plugging in? Plugging a drained phone into a PC will generally not allow the device to properly charge, as it's not recognized by the PC. If the phone is completely dead, try to plug it into the wall using the original home charger for at least 20 minutes.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
cody5241smith

no I don't get anything and I have tried to plug it in to as many different

chargers as I can. Its okay now I talk to a Verizon person on sunday and

they already sent me a new phone because its still covered under warranty.

thanks.

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Hannah211
Enthusiast - Level 1

My S4 is doing the same thing now. It was working this morning, I was checking email, texts, etc. I sat the phone down in my passenger seat as I started driving, then at the stoplight, I picked it up and noticed it turned itself off. It was fully charged 20 mins before. Since then, I haven't been able to get it to respond other than every now and then it will start the "Samsung S4" loader for 1-2 seconds then go black again as if it was shut down. Plugging it back into the wall charger doesn't do anything either; it doesn't recognize it as being charged - no blue light, no battery graphic showing charging as it once did. Removing the battery doesn't help. Holding down the power, center button, and volume up button for 10+ seconds doesn't do anything. It's totally unresponsive, and there's no apparent motive. The phone was purchased July 2013. Any suggestions are much appreciated!!

Hannah

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Ok I will ask the same question in post #1.  Have you tried a different battery?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

iit's possibly happening because of deep discharging. as an experiment, slow charge the device on a computers USB port with a known good cable for a few hours, then switch to the higher current charger. it's just a theory, but since the update, others experiencing similar problems... i think it has difficulty perhaps purposefully recognizing the charger if the battery is too low as some kind of protection. if this theory is correct, slow charging for a while will allow the fast charger to work again.

worth a shot.

0 Likes