email shows -1 when there are no messages in mailbox.
GMuhler

Any ideas how to correct this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: email shows -1 when there are no messages in mailbox.
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

This issue must be coming up again because now I've seen it on two different forums.  I believe this happens when you go through the emails too fast and delete them very quickly.  Just recently happened to me again while deleting about 10 in a row.  I noticed very quickly one came back up that I just deleted, but I deleted it again.  This caused my counter to be off by one less than I really have.  If I got one email it showed zero.  No emails shows -1.  I worked for days trying to fix it by clearing cache, etc. but nothing worked.  Finally just deleted the email account (it was my local internet provider's POP3 email) and put the account back and it fixed the problem.  There should be something in the software to prohibit displaying any number less than zero. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi,

Let's see what's causing the problem! Which email account are you referring to? Are you able to send/receive emails? When did the problem begin? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

This issue must be coming up again because now I've seen it on two different forums.  I believe this happens when you go through the emails too fast and delete them very quickly.  Just recently happened to me again while deleting about 10 in a row.  I noticed very quickly one came back up that I just deleted, but I deleted it again.  This caused my counter to be off by one less than I really have.  If I got one email it showed zero.  No emails shows -1.  I worked for days trying to fix it by clearing cache, etc. but nothing worked.  Finally just deleted the email account (it was my local internet provider's POP3 email) and put the account back and it fixed the problem.  There should be something in the software to prohibit displaying any number less than zero. 

0 Likes