cant send videos
Abc122
Enthusiast - Level 2

Frustrated because i can never send videos via text message.  Even a 15 second video. Says file too big. Had no problems with my previous phone which was an iphone.  Is there a way around this? It is a pain to have to save it then email it. And still the person has trouble opening the video. I also have trouble sending more than 1 photo at a time.

0 Likes
Re: cant send videos
Tidbits
Legend

Max file size for MMS(picture or video) is 1MB. Since your phone has a 8MP or more resolution it'll be greater than 1MB in 5 second videos. Your best bet is to lower the resolution to VGA and I believe can do 10 seconds before it gets to big.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The iPhone if you send through iMessages then it's the same as using hangout or Skype as it doesn't go through IMS channels. The iPhone also compresses the videos to VGA and strips down hidden data most people don't know is there.

0 Likes
Abc122
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh ok.  so is there another app that i can send videos through?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Abc122, I definitely want you to be able to send those videos from your phone. Thankfully, the Play Store offers a plethora of applications that will assist you with doing so. Simply do a search for "file sharing" or "send large files" while in the play store and read the reviews to decide which application will work best for you and your device.

Hope this helps!

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Abc122
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, I will try that!

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Abc122,

No problem! Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes