Re: blocking a number
11hockey11

i have basic voicemail.

0 Likes
11hockey11

Like I said in my first message on Oct 30, it was a few weeks then. So add 2 more weeks to that.

0 Likes
11hockey11

Yes, they are definitely having a problem with it. By the way, I received email alerts to the first two times someone posted here after my last post, and then they stopped. I tried to get that corrected too, and that isn't working either. I don't care, I just want to be able to block a number from 2 of my lines. It's been going on too long.

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

I am trying the Visual Voice mail.

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

I actually chatted with CSR and they did block 2 numbers for me.  Hopefully now it's working. Haven't tried it yet. But the rep adding the numbers has worked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

psf2835,

Let’s keep digging.
I’m not seeing any concerns with adding blocks in our system. Are you doing this through the block settings or our Family Base feature? When was the last time you attempted to add the block? What was the exact error you received?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

I got unable to process request at this time, please try again later.  I haven't tried another number yet. Will do that now. Maybe it just had to be activated from Verizons end? 

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

I tried another number, it is working now Smiley Happy  Thank you.  This was through Block settings, computer. Not Family Base Feature.

I do believe it just had to be activated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

11Hockey11, these blocks are important to you and your family and we want them in place right away. I have sent you a Private Message in hopes of getting this resolved immediately.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
11hockey11

The error messages have been the same as psf2835:

Through Block Calls and Messages, when I enter to block a number on  either of the two lines I've been unable to update the error message is -

"We were unable to complete your requested change at this time. Please try again later."

When I try to make the change through any line by clicking "apply to all available lines" the error message is -

"We were unable to complete your requested change at this time. Please try again later.

Changes were unsuccessful for these cell phone

numbers:

xxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxx

Changes to other lines not mentioned above have been applied successfully."

I tried making the change individually on those two lines, clicking apply to all on those two lines, and also on my other lines which had the block but by clicking to apply to all.

I have tried using multiple browsers, clearing caches and retrying, and I have tried all different days of the weeks, and all times of the day and night.

I have finally gotten the change to go through to one of the two lines (after at least 6 weeks of trying it every other day) but still have one line I can't get the blocked number to go through on. I just receive the same "we are unable to complete your request at this time" error messages.

I just tried it again, and still can not get it to go through on this last line.

I've just received LorenB of Verizon's private message asking for my info to handle this. I will send it right after I post this.

0 Likes