after 8.0 oreo update s7 edge
RONBEN56
Enthusiast - Level 2

won't do anything can't log in or shut it down any suggestions.

Re: after 8.0 oreo update s7 edge
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Do you mean you have a pin to get into your phone and it won't take the pin? Have you tried just holding the power button til you get some response from the phone?

RONBEN56
Enthusiast - Level 2

it won't take pin, it won't shut down, it won't go to safe mode, i can't connect it to my computer so i can try to repair with verizon software repair.

RONBEN56
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess i'll just let the battery die then recharge it and see if it will start.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Can you see how much battery is left? Have you tried to plug the phone into the charger to see if that may help? It is such a shame that these new updates do this to our phones.

What is really weird is that it can happen to one phone and not to another. We have 2 S7 edges and it will be interesting to see if we have any problems. Last time with marshmallow we both had S5 and one died and the other one is still running today.

RONBEN56
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went to the Verizon store where I bought it he showed me how to override

everything and got it to reboot. Hold power button, volume down button, and

home button until it reboots. Seems ok now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your device, Ronben56. Our goal is for you to have a working phone. Glad to hear you received assistance at the store. Is everything working correctly on your device after completing these steps? Please keep us updated. 

Gerson_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes