YouTube Broadcast
rdsandjs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is the Live YouTube broadcast feature available over WiFi or only 4G?  I tried disabling mobile data and kept my WiFi on, however I was not able to start the Live Broadcast (powered by YouTube) in the camera app.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: YouTube Broadcast
rdsandjs
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue has been "resolved".  I tested again last evening with the mobile data turned and with Wi-Fi turned on and the Live Broadcast successfully started. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rdsandjs,

We want to make sure you can enjoy all of the awesome features of your phone! This sort of feature should certainly work great on wi-fi. What happens when you try to connect using it? Do you get any error or anything like that?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rdsandjs
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I turn off my mobile data and leave my Wifi enabled and then attempt to begin Live Broadcast I get a message that states "No network available".  I've tried this at multiple locations (home, office, neighbors house) to ensure it was not an issue with my home wifi. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets dig a bit deeper rdsandjs. Since updating the software on your phone, have you ever been able to use the Broadcast feature successfully? Are you using the Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge? When connected to Wi-FI, are you able to browse the internet successfully?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rdsandjs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since upgrading I have been able to use the Broadcast feature successfully but only on the 4G LTE network.  I'm using a Galaxy S6.  When connected to the Wi-Fi I am able to browse to the internet successfully.  I'm getting 150 mbps download speed.

Also, I've tested the Broadcast feature on different Wi-Fi networks and it has not worked on any of those Wi-Fi networks. 

0 Likes
rdsandjs
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue has been "resolved".  I tested again last evening with the mobile data turned and with Wi-Fi turned on and the Live Broadcast successfully started. 

0 Likes