Yet another 4.4.2 (kitKat) issue... (GS3)
Jerry_G
Enthusiast - Level 2

Howdy Verizon-

So I've spent a lot of time today reading thru threads here, and I realize that ya'll don't have any clue how to fix the 4.4.2 issues we are having with our GS3's since the forced update.  Maybe can you please just push the old update out, with a rev-note of 4.4.2.1 so we can roll our phones back?

My Verizon GS3, updated to 4.4.2 about a month ago.  Now I have very bad cell reception.  3g/4g does not seem to have changed much, but when inside almost any building, I have no cell service.  I have done the *288 several times, and it has not helped.  This is really starting to piss me off, as I get no - that is zero- cell signal inside my home, and sometimes one bar at my desk at work.  People have to text me to tell me to call them, and I have to walk outside to do that....

I am not rooted, and have not done a factory reset (yet). One or both of those may be the next step.  Only 'mod' to my phone is the Zerolemon 7000mah battery.  I am also not having the random reboot / app crash / no charge issues others seem to be having.  My only issue is that my phone is now mostly useless as a phone.

Verizon, FIX THIS!!!

Jerry

0 Likes
Re: Yet another 4.4.2 (kitKat) issue... (GS3)
Not applicable

Samsung fix this!

Verizon did not do your operating system update.

Your issue is with the device maker and google.

Per all the other complaints, the basic premise was "my device was working before kitty Kat update"

Do you see the point?

Good Luck

0 Likes
Jerry_G
Enthusiast - Level 2

From what I can read, most all phones are having issues with 4.4.2.  So yes it is a google issue, not directly Verizon or Samsung.  BUT - Verizon could fix this by rolling out the previous version as a 4.4.2.1, until Google gets 'L', or at leasted a fixed KitKat ready.

This will push me to root again, I think.  I've been running non-rooted for my last two phones.  At least with root, I can pick my OS version, and block the crappy Verizon OTA updates.

Not happy,

Jerry

0 Likes
Not applicable

As you must know rooting is not against the law. Carriers like to say it is. But your warranty is in question.

The carriers can not roll back to a previous os. Only the device makers and google can do that.

The new OS is not capable of a roll back due to Google.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Jerry_G
Enthusiast - Level 2

My GS3 was purchesed when the GS3 was still the cool phone, so it is way out of warrenty...  No issue there.  I just don't want to go thru the hassle of wiping my phone.  First root for the GS3 needs a wipe.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Not applicable

True but at least you have a usable device. It might be a good trade off.

(rooting discussion removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service)

Good Luck

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes