Will my phone ring if someone calls me from the United States and I am connected to the Wifi?
Scheidel1

I am headed out of the States and my iPhone is set up for wifi calling. My understanding is I can make calls and there is no charge for this except the use of data. My question is will my phone ring if someone calls me from the states and I am connected to the Wifi?  if so will I be charge on my end for the call?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi calling
Weth
Legend

To use wifi calling with no charges (unless there is a charge for the wifi connection):

Make sure you have wifi calling active in Settings/Phone

Put phone in airplane mode

Turn on wifi and connect to wifi connection

With this setup, as far as the phone and charges are concerned, you are located at home back in the States. Calling anywhere in the US is not additional charge, as is receiving calls. You can text anywhere in the world with the newer plans so texting is included along with receiving texts. The person calling you from the US will not incur any additional charge either since it is considered a domestic call for them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Wifi calling
Weth
Legend

To use wifi calling with no charges (unless there is a charge for the wifi connection):

Make sure you have wifi calling active in Settings/Phone

Put phone in airplane mode

Turn on wifi and connect to wifi connection

With this setup, as far as the phone and charges are concerned, you are located at home back in the States. Calling anywhere in the US is not additional charge, as is receiving calls. You can text anywhere in the world with the newer plans so texting is included along with receiving texts. The person calling you from the US will not incur any additional charge either since it is considered a domestic call for them.

0 Likes