Re: Verizon Galaxy S4 4.4 Update (KitKat)
pavilion99
Enthusiast - Level 2

And so goes by another disappointing week of "Your SAMSUNG SCH-I545 is up to date." Stop lying.  Now.

UAVPilot1
Contributor - Level 1

I just love how long the Verizon website was down as well. I was trying the support forum for a long time and it was down almost 24 hours... A sign? Perhaps... optimism is not a trait of Verizon customers with android phones.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

24 hours is not a long time to be off line for maintainence. Your car even has to go in sometimes. 

Klue
Master - Level 1

They are not lying, If you have 4.3 it's up to date for Verizion Phones.

pavilion99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I realize that it's up to date for Verizon phones, I simply meant that I have been waiting for several months for this update to come to my phone and the "up to date" screen has been the bane of my existence for the last few weeks, while all my friends on AT&T have the update already.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Galaxy S4  4.4 Update (KitKat)
UAVPilot1
Contributor - Level 1

I agree. Anytime there is a new release of the OS on my phone and my phone has been designated for the update, then I expect the update to be timely. If after several months a release of an update has not made it my phone, then my phone is not "up to date." I don't care if Verizon, or who ever the carrier is, has not had time to load their bloatware onto it, I expect the update to arrive timely. Seeing that the last carrier updated our GS4 on the 10th, and we have yet to receive it, does not invoke confidence in my carrier. It makes me wonder what exactly they are doing with all this time and what they are doing to alter the update that should have made it to my phone. It makes me worry about how they are messing it up and what it will do that I do not want it to. Since my area is getting 4G by other carriers, as well as solid signal strengths, it might be time to change as this is getting old. If anyone has the link to another carrier that will pay for my early termination fees, please post the link for us.

UAVPilot1
Contributor - Level 1

Please tell me Verizon didn't waste their tech's time on renewing this website when they should have been getting us our 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 update... This website is now less friendly when trying to get to that latest post and my phone is still not "up to date!"

0 Likes
mule0331
Enthusiast - Level 2

why do you need somebody to post a link to another carrier? We all know which carrier your referring to,  your smart enough to want the latest greatest software on your phone surely your smart enough to know how to find that carries website.

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

Well with the new 4.4.3 update almost here,  let's see if Verizon puts us last again for receiving it.Since we didn't even get any update to 4.4.2.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I sure hope I don't get this affliction. You know you can just stop pressing that "Check for Update" box for awhile and some of your missery might go away.

0 Likes