Re: Verizon Galaxy S4 4.4 Update (KitKat)
KevKevKev147
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, if that's what she said.. I believe it. My girlfriend has another carrier but in the same area as me, one of the major U.S. Carriers. I can't say which one because I'm sure it will go against the terms of service here or whatever, but she recently got her S4, and does not have the option to update to 4.4.2. She's currently on 4.3 like we are on Verizon. I'm assuming this specific carrier removed the kitkat update because of the bugs and is waiting/testing out 4.4.3 for the bug fixes, etc.

So thinking of it in that way, makes me believe Verizon is actually waiting for 4.4.3 or is currently testing it right now.

0 Likes
UAVPilot1
Contributor - Level 1

Which means many more months of waiting since that update hasn't finished being tested by Google as well... So the S4 is now the S3, in terms of how the phone was forgotten when it came to updates...

0 Likes
fyrfyter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bingo. If you communicate and keep your customers informed as to what is happening, they will be a lot more understanding as to why there are no updates when others are getting them. It's like communication is a forlorn subject when it comes to wireless carriers, which happens to be very ironic, since that is what customers are paying for -- the ability to communicate. Perhaps the carriers should be better at this? I know, everyone can wish and have a pipe dream!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcarr, we would never leave you left in the cold. Software updates are pushed over the air by the manufacturer. However, these updates may be delayed due to the complexity of the manufacturers' customizations and the potential for performance issues on our network. It's our goal to ensure that you have the best experience on your device. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please stay tuned for information regarding software updates here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
UAVPilot1
Contributor - Level 1

Stay tuned? WE should already be tuned in!!! The other 3 major US carriers are...

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

However, these updates may be delayed due to the complexity of the manufacturers' customizations...

It is interesting you point out the "manufacturers' customizations". Why would "manufacturers' customizations" be that different from carrier to carrier UNLESS there was something the CARRIER wanted to interject, such as bloatware(i.e. all of Verizon's required apps on the phone).

and the potential for performance issues on our network.

Couldn't possibly be the bloatware causing those "performance issues", could it???

pynapking

If you didn't know that is their job to try and ease the masses by putting the blame on someone else except them,that's how pr is handled in verizon.Now what's really confusing is how one editor says that verizon is doing everything they can to make sure theres no bugs,while another says oh it's the manufacterer not pushing the update cause of in a timely manner.It just seems that none of these so called moderators really know what's going on.As long as they keep playing the blame game,your phones are not properly updated,full of bloatware, and antiquated at best compared to other carrier phones of the same.Oh one more thing please do not under any circumstance undermine your customers with blank responses and marketing techniques,soon they will all know the real truth of being a verizon customer,sheepSmiley Sad

0 Likes
Sparky13
Enthusiast - Level 3

mcarr, we would never leave you left in the cold.

S4 Kitkat Rollout Timeline:

Sprint - Feb 13th

AT&T - Feb 26th

T-Mobile - Mar 10th

Verizon - ?!?

I don't know about the rest of you, but a month and a half later... it's feeling pretty cold to me!

And if the other carriers consistently get updates WEEKS before Verizon, then maybe the problem lies with VERIZON, and not "the manufacturers' customizations".

Jason_Kirk
Enthusiast - Level 1

So Verizon has yet to release Android Kit Kat.. Which doesn't surprise me Big Red is always the last one behind when it comes to software updates.. So I guess I'll have to wait until Android launches 4.5 Lollipop.. Then I may get Kit Kat...

Verizon must be having a problem with the Bloatware.. It's a darn shame that I can't play Let's Golf 33...

Seriously Verizon.. This must be the reason Verizon Edge was created so that way instead of waiting on new software updates.. we can run out and buy a new phone..

Get with it.. and leave out Let's Golf 33..

tommyleeruiz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do want to remind everyone that the 4.3 Update came out first with Verizon, although the fact that it opened Galaxy Gear ability more then likely influenced the fastest update time of all the US Carriers with the S4 4.3 update... Money moves Verizons world and it is terrible how all customers are always the butt of the joke...

0 Likes