Re: Will Verizon be shipping the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge early like T-Mobile?
joehotpiscopo
Enthusiast - Level 3

With all of the different stories we've heard over the past few hours, I don't put much stock in the answer below but this is what I got from customer support a couple of hours ago:

Shannon: Ok thanks for your patience, so there is not really a way to say this besides just being upfront and honest. Looks like some orders were effected due to a system issue on our side. Now from reading information on this, the original dates should still be valid even though you see a change to 3-31-16. Now with that being said, I do not have a way to change or alter and put in a new order. We would want to stick with what you had. However because of the problem I will issue a credit for 30.00 on your account.

Verizon has really stepped in it this time. Way to go...

sail_faster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support might want to chime in here.  Lots of extremely upset customers.  I truly hope I don't learn that I can pick one of these in a store while my paid-in-full preorder has not been fulfilled.

hcassell419
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I have went as far as I can speaking with CS online and over the phone and it appears I should indeed be getting mine by the 11th. May have just lucked out, after all, they have to be shipping SOME silver edges right? Anyways, I will keep looking into things and checking for updates. If after all of this my order gets pushed back, I feel bad in advance for whoever fields my next CS call.

0 Likes
joehotpiscopo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Out of curiosity, what did CS say to make you believe you'll be getting your device as promised?

0 Likes
ceebee1209
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon better prepare for the absolute [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] that will follow a botched launch. I can imagine things are quite messy for them already with the misinformation their reps are giving out.

0 Likes
hcassell419
Enthusiast - Level 2

It baffles me how you can have so many people being told different things at the same time, taking orders that promise a specific date, changing said date without notifying anyone or putting out any kind of statement, putting folks' pre-order incentives at risk, all while keeping your head in the sand. Pathetic customer support. I shouldn't have to utilize 3 different methods just to obtain a straight forward answer about something.

0 Likes
sail_faster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, when did you place your order?

0 Likes
plateau22

My CS on chat said:

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
joehotpiscopo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad to hear it, at least not everyone is getting the [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
hcassell419
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spoke with someone over the phone. They asked for my order # and other info, put me on hold for about 5 minutes and came back saying that pre-orders were flying in for the s7 edge in particular the silver version so they had to push back some orders to March 31st due to lack of availability and all further orders for that specific phone had been back ordered to the 31st, but that on my order nothing has changed as far as my expected March 11th ship date. I guess the ultimate question is if any of the people I have spoken with are giving me accurate information. I guess I will have to keep my fingers crossed on this one and hope for the best as of now because I know of no other way to dig any deeper on my end.

0 Likes