Re: Will Verizon be shipping the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge early like T-Mobile?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

How is it bait and switch when it's a samsung promo and not a Verizon one?

0 Likes
elem
Enthusiast - Level 2

Christopher, either you, or the representative I just spoke to via phone, is not telling the truth.

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hello Everyone,

The Galaxy S7/S7 Edge has a very exciting release. I know I can’t wait to see this phone in action. The concerns regarding a small percentage of pre-orders showing the wrong shipping date has been resolved. All pre-orders are still on track for shipping on March 11th. You will be notified via email when your new device is shipped.

I hope everyone enjoys their new phone!

ChristopherM_VZW

The representative just told me my S7 Edge is shipping on the 31st. Then, if I go to verizonwireless.com like I were going to purchase another new S7 Edge in Silver, it says delivered by 3/31.

So what is the truth here?

Re: Re: Will Verizon be shipping the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge early like T-Mobile?
thehiggy
Enthusiast - Level 3

So it's not bait and switch on behalf of Samsung - they put forth at the beginning that there is a limited number of promotional items.

However, bait and switch is also applicable when the vendor fails to anticipate demand and does not disclosure its limited inventory/availability while doing so, or if it fails to make delivery in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm not a lawyer, and I'm sure something I clicked while preordering had a line or two from Verizon's legal team to cover strict liability on this. However both of those iterations are almost certainly applicable to this scenario, and though I might not be able to win a lawsuit, it (and common sense) goes to show how Verizon may directly be costing its customers the promotional items.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: don't really care all that much when I get the phone (though, you know, its shiny and fun and I want it now) - my only issue is that Verizon customers are not going to get the promotional items advertised due to Verizon's [lack of] actions.

Verizon Wireless Customer Support, for the sake of tagging you a dozen times (yay!) would you care to finally weigh in? If so, please see my previous post for my/our questions.

0 Likes
HarperStewart1023
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish someone would tell us the truth- is it so hard? Verizon is ultimately getting the sales and the contracts either way so why the lies and the deceit

Re: Re: Will Verizon be shipping the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge early like T-Mobile?
Tidbits
Legend

Nope it isn't bait and switch.  This happens with all promotional stuff where supplies are limited.  The courts and the FTC already multiple times even says buyers beware.  The only time it would be bait and switch is IF they did the promo and never gave the promotion out to those who qualified.

0 Likes
skijosh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guys. Calm the heck down.

Shipping Time: Verizon already fixed this. Everyone who ordered before the 1st now shows a shipping date of 3/11 for all colors.

Promotional Items: The samsung portal for the promotional items isn't even open for redemption yet. If you click on any of the vendors (Tmobile, Sprint, Best Buy, Verizon, etc.) you can only enter your email address to be reminded to claim it at a later date.  If Samsung hasn't opened it yet, we can only assume they are waiting to open it until after these phones were all supposed to ship (3/11). 

0 Likes
Jared2004
Contributor - Level 2

It's open. You enter your email and it takes you to another screen to enter your phone info. & upload receipt.

LanceAllan
Enthusiast - Level 2

this might be of interest to some of you...

Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

0 Likes
LanceAllan
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
skijosh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dang, you are right.

0 Likes