Re: Will Verizon be shipping the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge early like T-Mobile?
Basco_EP
Enthusiast - Level 3

The early release of others is only kind of frustrating, they said the 11th

and i can live with that. But the backorder just moved to the 31st was what

needed addressed.

0 Likes
Britt_Luvz_Budz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Idk but it may depend on ur region as well, like possibly each regional warehouse was allotted so many thousand, I'm in new england and ordered the back onyx and my order says "processing" and expected ship date 3/11.

0 Likes
EnWa
Enthusiast - Level 2

What's making me very angry is the fact that when I was talking about buying a phone with a sales rep in the store I asked "So, when I buy this phone, I will receive a VR, correct?" She said "Oh YES! Ofcourse. You just have to register your purchase with Samsung once you receive it!" and I was like great! Then she proceeds to take our $400 and tell us after the purchase "Okay, that will be shipping on the 31st Smiley Happy" And I said "Wait, what? It comes out on the 11th" then she told me "Oh that's just a formality it will probably ship before then, but who knows?" So she freaking sold me the phone, assuring me I will get a VR, THEN tells me it will SHIP on the day the promotion is over??? That is a straight faced lie to make a sale. I am furious. What gives Verizon? This is garbage service. That was a SCAM.

Britt_Luvz_Budz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also I'm confused, some are saying they're being told they will receive their phones on the 11th, yet others say it's shipping on this day.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

SShe will be fine if not just get the new battery.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Agreed, the battery for the GS3 might cost you $20 from Amazon.

0 Likes
Blasco
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will do the same thing

0 Likes
Thuddome
Enthusiast - Level 2

Folks, from years of pre-ordering phones and experience with Verizon, the dates on the website and the emails are never accurate. Pre-ordered phones always show up before the release date at the stores. And the CS folks are usually last to know everything. Be patient... I'm just happy Verizon was kinda on target with a phone release as the other carriers, usually they are months behind.

BTW, I have a friend that works for Samsung. He told me the carriers take orders for the phones and then tell Samsung how many they need. Samsung warehouses phones in Memphis where they deliver to Fedex and they go out from there. That's the story he told me, take it with a grain of salt.

0 Likes
eddiechi
Contributor - Level 1

Can I switch my order and try to pick up in store?     Well, "sir, No - of course you can't"   I call back later and get a totally different answer....SMH all day long,  here is why.......

Mine is also now showing 3/31 while my co-worker rec'vd his this morning from T Mobile......  now here is the kicker...  after reading the fine print on the Samsung Gear s2 promotion anyone having to wait until 3/31 for shipment will not get the promo freebies.  I've contacted CS 4 different times requesting verification about the promo but have been given 4 different answers............   Here's the deal-  Samsung already opened up the registration page for the free items today at 5pm, it wasn't supposed to go live until March 4th at 10am but is now live and accepting the promo registration from everyone who has already recived thier phones......   the FINE print here is peculiar for those of us with a 3/31 ship date........  the last day of the promo is 3/31 but that is the least of worries.........

-"THE PURCHASE PERIOD AND REDEMPTION PERIOD: The “Purchase Period” begins on

February 23, 2016 and ends on March 18, 2016 or while supplies last, whichever occurs first.

A valid “Offer Claim Form” must be submitted (as set forth in Section 3) online between March

4, 2016 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and March 31, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM ET, or while
supplies last, whichever occurs first" ------

----Note:

Participants full name on the official Offer Claim Form must match the name on the

valid original Qualifying Purchase receipt submitted.

ii. Enter the date of the Qualifying Purchase.

iii. Enter the IMEI number of the Qualifying Purchase.

iv. Enter the Wi-Fi MAC address of the Qualifying Purchase.

v. Submit his/her original register receipt on the Website documenting the Qualifying

Purchase by following the on-screen prompts to upload a photograph or .PDF of the

original register receipt showing the Qualifying Purchase.-----------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE IS THE KICKER  ---------    "First come first serve basis...  limit of 300,000 gifts....  how much of a chance do any of us that have to wait until 3/31 to get our device so we have the IMEI and mac address to officially register for the promo  do we have of getting 1 of 300,000???????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----""No more than 300,000 Gifts available in this Offer. Gifts are available for a limited time, while

supplies last, on a first-come, first-served basis. Gifts will be mailed to Participants within

approximately 4 – 6 weeks after verification of Offer Claim Form/receipt and compliance with

these Terms and Conditions."-----------------------------------

Again, how much of a chance will any of us with a 3/31 ship date have at the free promo when people will be receiving and registering for both  in store and online  for  the promo for 3 weeks before ours arrive.....

I have contaced CS 4 times with various answers from "yes, its limited offer, while supplies last..."  to "  The gear S2 should ship when your phone ships , you will have no worries at all".....  they even repeated this after I told them that the Gear S2 offer is being shipped from Samsung upon registration and not VZW....    I could not get the same answer from any 2 CS reps in the last 2 days.........

Tidbits
Legend

For the LAST TIME... Samsung SPECIFICALLY SAID IT WAS UNDERESTIMATED numbers.  They have A LOT MORE than that number and that's specifically from SAMSUNG and NOT from the carriers...

0 Likes