Re: Will Verizon be shipping the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge early like T-Mobile?
Jared2004
Contributor - Level 2

I'm not sure why but the guy I talked to at a Verizon store said that they'd probably get them in a couple of days before the 11th. They said that's usually how it goes. I'm not sure about shipping directly to house. I guess we just have to be patient (even though we all act like little kids getting a new toy).

LanceAllan
Enthusiast - Level 2
Jared2004
Contributor - Level 2

And Verizon is the only carrier to be under Embargo for what reason?

thehiggy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, I got some talk of them being sent a few days early....though they will likely arrive on 3/10, 3/11 anyway.

That embargo talk has to be nonsense - either someone at Verizon screwed up negotiations and they are the only carrier under that rule or they just plain dropped the ball - in either case, for the fumbling a record-breaking preorder, somebody should be canned.

I guess we'll see if they really do send them 3/8 and whether the promotional goods are gone by then.

0 Likes
ceebee1209
Enthusiast - Level 3

LanceAllan wrote:

for what it's worth.....

Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Shipping On March 8th! | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Way better info than anything else we've gotten, thanks for sharing! Question though, what do you think they meant by verizon is "under embargo"? I'm assuming it's a hard stop from Samsung on sending the devices out but if that's the case, I wonder why aren't the other carriers operating under the same rules?

0 Likes
billrods81
Enthusiast - Level 2

I saw this too, but it was the only reference I was able to fine while looking for an early shipping status.  Really not sure what to believe.

0 Likes
Jared2004
Contributor - Level 2

If this is true I can see why we aren't getting the phones, but Verizon should've issued a statement on this to let their customers know what's going on.

Tidbits
Legend

Why should they honestly? They said it'll be available on 11th. Just because other carriers ship earlier than said doesn't mean they have to follow suite or make a statement. I would understand this kind of hoopla if 11th comes and goes and your email said by 11th.

Really guys first world problems here. Sure it's the shiny new latest and greatest, but you guys act like your lives depend on you getting it.

Jared2004
Contributor - Level 2

My wife is depending on it. Her battery on her S3 is almost dead and I don't want to buy a new one. Smiley Happy I'm not exactly sure how long it stays charged but she constantly has it plugged in all day.

0 Likes
HarperStewart1023
Enthusiast - Level 3

About time- too bad Verizon reps don't know what they're talking about