Re: Will Verizon be shipping the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge early like T-Mobile?
ceebee1209
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's sad that I had to even go to a different website to get some more answers but here's a response from a verizon employee (I think) on a different forum:

"Alright, I have some news that will hopefully calm everyone down.

I've checked our internal system and spoke with our Samsung rep and anyone who preordered before 3/1 will receive their phones on or by 3/11. Anyone after 3/1 STILL could receive their devices by 3/11, But is not guaranteed.

The date on the site is incorrect and when the demand got high for the Silver version, Verizon changed the date on the item page incase they couldn't delivery on launch day. This in turn also affected people's order date as well.

All i can say is this, A lot of people on here, XDA and reddit are canceling their orders which is even better news for those who are being patient.

People need to stop calling in to CS, They have no way of knowing how the phones are being shipped, Where they are and how many."

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/646449-s7-edge-verizon-preorders-13.html#po...

Verizon Wireless Customer Support how hard is it to simply communicate that?

joehotpiscopo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, GREAT information. Hopefully it's true!! Thanks for posting!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shaunw25, we are working very hard to ensure all the devices go out on time so that you can begin enjoying your new device. We definitely understand the urgency and yearning that our customers have in wanting their devices. It saddens me to hear that you feel this way about us. We would never overcharge you. Has this issue been resolved or are you still in need of assistance?

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Basco_EP
Enthusiast - Level 3

So basically it is a crap shoot on whether your device will be delivered on the 11th, or later. So its a crap shoot on whether you can take advantage of the S2/VR offer as well.

kdawg469
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well today Verizon has lost a long time customer, I have decided to go with AT&T, they offered a deal that was too good to pass up, back on unlimited data for all our lines as well.

With the credits to switch I was able to get 2 new s7 edges, and both will be shipped before Verizon will.

I'm sure I won't be the only one looking to switch.

thehiggy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

I know you're being hounded on this issue, but answer me one thing: regardless of the actual delivery date of the phone, if I preordered am I guaranteed a promotional item (Gear VR or Gear S2)?

Personally, I am very upset by the lack of communication/reasoning by Verizon. T-Mobile started delivering these phones to preorders two days ago. The minute they started and the internet found out, At&T and Sprint both communicated that they would move up delivery as well and started delivering the next day. One day after that (today Wednesday March 2) we have no consistent message or updates from Verizon. All that being said, this is really just a preference - substantively there is no difference to me getting my black S7 Edge today or next Friday (I did preorder early AM EST on 2/23).

HOWEVER if these other carriers getting their preorders out to customers early does mean that they will be filing for their promotional items with Samsung before we ever get the chance (you need the phone's MAC address to fill out the form), and the promotional item availability runs out so it is no longer available, I consider it Verizon directly costing/robbing me a $300 items promised as part of my preorder.

I understand there are terms and conditions on these things so Samsung/Verizon cannot be sued easily. However, this is fairly cut-and-dry: other companies are getting preordered phones (if not consistent information) out to their customers. I, a loyal customer of Verizon for 10+ years, have gotten nothing at all. With T-Mobile nearly catching Verizon in major area coverage, and beating their prices, I considering cancelling my phone and switching my family over right now. If my phone is further delayed, or especially if I do not receive by promotional item due to Verizon's delay, I will certainly be switching and pursuing BBB action.

Verizon Wireless Customer Support, please respond ASAP.

waterdog13
Enthusiast - Level 3

They lost me as well (personal account). I will be taking my 30+ lines on my business account to AT&T as well after they help me figure out some logistics. I am sick of this garbage with these awful people. People in charge of this operation need to be fired and replaced with competent individuals that know how to run a business. Looks like I can get my S7 Edge in SILVER by 3/9! (AT&T)

Edit: For the record, I have been with Verizon since 01'.

Basco_EP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been with Verizon for years, before they were the only option, but now I live in an area that has more. Unlimited data, fast shipping? I will probably be contacting them after work.

Were you able to get the silvers?

Thanks for the info.  Verizon has royally messed this up.

0 Likes
kdawg469
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I ordered a silver and a gold. Both shipping between 3/7 and 3/10 from ATT

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Waterdog13, we love your loyalty to Verizon Wireless since 2001. We'd be sad to see you leave the family after all of these years. How can I help turn things around today? Can you please provide me with some more detials.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes