Re: Will Verizon be shipping the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge early like T-Mobile?
svinyard
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is bad news. CS chat is telling me they didn't have stock so its

pushed out. Samsungs Verizon Promo Terms and Conditions explicitly state

you must have submitted the form before March 31st. The form requires a

MAC address, which is only available once you get your phone.

"From 2/23/16 through 3/18/16, purchase a Samsung GS7 or GS7 edge on device

payment. For details to claim the free Samsung Gear S2 or Gear VR offer,

visit SamsungPromotions.com/VerizonOffer. Offer claim form and valid

purchase receipt must be submitted online by 3/31/16 at 11:59:59 PM EST.

Subject to verification, customers will receive offer within approximately

4–6 weeks after verification of offer claim."

A. During the Purchase Period, purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7

edge from a participating retailer (“Qualifying Purchase”). Offer valid

with device installment plan, 2- year contract plan, lease, or outright

purchase at full retail price. Purchase requirement varies, please check

with your Carrier; and

B. During the Redemption Period, visit

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/GearVR (“Website”) and complete all of

the following steps: i. Enter the requested information on the official

Offer Claim Form, which includes, but is not limited to: Participant’s full

name (no initials), complete mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), valid e-mail

address, a contact mobile telephone number, selection of the Qualifying

Purchase device, and confirmation that he/she is at least 18 years of age.

Participants will not be allowed to change their mailing address or e-mail

address.

Note: 2 Participants full name on the official Offer Claim Form must match

the name on the valid original Qualifying Purchase receipt submitted.

ii. Enter the date of the Qualifying Purchase.

iii. Enter the IMEI number of the Qualifying Purchase.

iv. Enter the Wi-Fi MAC address of the Qualifying Purchase.

v. Submit his/her original register receipt on the Website documenting the

Qualifying Purchase by following the on-screen prompts to upload a

photograph or .PDF of the original register receipt showing the Qualifying

Purchase. It is recommended that Participant first print his/her complete

name on the original register receipt, sign and date the receipt, and

circle the Qualifying Purchase on the receipt before uploading the receipt.

The file must be in .JPEG, .JPG, .GIF, or .PDF format and may not exceed 5

MB. Online Offer Claim Forms and receipt must be submitted by 11:59:59 PM

ET on March 31, 2016 to be valid.

HarperStewart1023
Enthusiast - Level 3

No update - I had to go online and find it out for myself. This is ridiculous. And we have to wait while everyone else gets theirs too. #lame

Basco_EP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I needed to change my order anyway, my wife changed her mind and wanted an edge also.  But since my order showed the 31st, I changed them both. O well. Good luck all, I will keep you all posted.

HarperStewart1023
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered the edge too

0 Likes
HarperStewart1023
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah why is Verizon always last in the loop

gmckaycalif
Enthusiast - Level 2

So after back and forth conflicting info from Verizon,  I just did a new chat session on Verizon and asked the same question.  Raini told me that they are back-ordered in SILVER color only, and unless you ordered on Feb 23 or so, you will not get phone until possibly March 31.  Early pre-orders will still get on March 11.   If you pre-order today, it even shows on the Verizon website that the shipping date is "by 3/31/2016".

There absolutely needs to be better internal communication within Verizon so all of the online and phone reps are giving the SAME CORRECT MESSAGE.  That is not happening now.  The last rep I chatted with said she got her info by noticing what it said for the S7 Edge on the Verizon website for ordering.   There was no internal communication that went to all.   That's why three different reps at the same moment in time can be giving different info.

ceebee1209
Enthusiast - Level 3

gmckaycalif wrote:

So after back and forth conflicting info from Verizon,  I just did a new chat session on Verizon and asked the same question.  Raini told me that they are back-ordered in SILVER color only, and unless you ordered on Feb 23 or so, you will not get phone until possibly March 31.  Early pre-orders will still get on March 11.   If you pre-order today, it even shows on the Verizon website that the shipping date is "by 3/31/2016".

There absolutely needs to be better internal communication within Verizon so all of the online and phone reps are giving the SAME CORRECT MESSAGE.  That is not happening now.  The last rep I chatted with said she got her info by noticing what it said for the S7 Edge on the Verizon website for ordering.   There was no internal communication that went to all.   That's why three different reps at the same moment in time can be giving different info.

This is absurd. So we have some reps saying some phones will ship out this week, some reps saying NO phones ship out until the 11th, some reps saying phones should be at your doorstep BY the 11th, some reps saying all but the very first silver ones got readjusted shipping dates of 3/31.. Verizon Wireless Customer Support what gives?? You guys seriously dropped the ball on internal communication. What's so hard about sending an internal email to all reps to make sure they have the right information to pass along?

Jared2004
Contributor - Level 2

My order status on the Verizon App shows that it's being shipped 11/17/1858 but my confirmation email says it'll be shipped 3/31. I ordered silver edge If I ordered at a Verizon store maybe I'll get lucky and get it early. What I want to know is how they could be backordered? Verizon should know that there's going to be a ton of pre-orders for the phone especially since giving out free VR or watch. All I know is that if I don't get my VR Verizon should have to step up & look at your original order date & send it to you no matter what. The Rep. I talked to at the Verizon store said he knows someone with Samsung so he said he'd "probably take care of that for me no matter what" if I don't get it from Samsung website. I just feel it's unfair that Verizon customers have last chance of obtaining this. All carriers should ship out the same time to have an equal chance of getting VR. Maybe I'm just crazy though.

shaunw25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let's just say if my s7 edge isn't shipped on or before the 11th like it showed when I ordered the phone on feb 23 I will be cancelling the order and going to T-Mobile. Verizon is a bunch of lies and crooks. I've been overcharged many times by them.

kidqwik
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I look on the app it says I don't have any orders.  When I look on the webpage my order from 2/23 is processing.  Ugh.

0 Likes