Re: Wifi issues
yellowcanary
Contributor - Level 1

Yea this is happening to a lot of people it's all over the Android forums and apparently there is no answer from Verison or Samsung.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yellowcanary, we understand the importance of staying connected to Wi-Fi. If you go to your Wi-Fi Settings and tap more then advanced, is Smart network switch on or off?

EstebanP_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tw222004
Enthusiast - Level 1

I turned my blue tooth off like others stated above and IT DID work thank you for suggestion, I connect on everything now..

0 Likes
tw222004
Enthusiast - Level 1

advanced, is Smart network switch on or off?'

i checked mine and it is off? what should it be??

0 Likes
Navyscuba
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got 2 S7 Edge yesterday and today already having issues. Pandora won't work on WiFi. If I turn the wifi off it works. Also if I try to download anything using wifi it won't download so this is annoying I wish I kept my S5 didn't have any issues. Just wanted something newer. This is frustrating.

Beege5582
Enthusiast - Level 1

Force stop/Uninstal Google play store. Then enable it again. That's what

worked for me give it a shot

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Is anyone else still having this problem?I have a S7 edge and it will not stay connected to wifi I saw the answer verizon gave and check it but I did not have smart network switch on. I do not use Bluetooth so that is off. I had a s5 and never had this problem with it. Has anyone come up with a fix for this?

0 Likes
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

kathy65793,

Oh no! We never want for you to have difficulty with connecting to a wifi network. Let’s get to work on getting this resolved. When did this problem start to happen? Are you able to connect to any wifi network? Do you receive an error message of any kind when trying to connect to wifi?

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

No it connects fine to the wifi but it doesn't stay connected I had a s5 and never had that problem there is no error message.There is time when I pick it up I can see that it is searching for wifi and then connects fine but if I pick it up later its doing the same thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying the issue on hand concerning WiFi. It is concerning to hear that you lose connection to WiFi. Does this occur when you remain in the same area?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

0 Likes