WiFi not autoconnecting to saved networks
Xyloplax

About a month or so ago, I started noticing that my saved wifi networks would not autoconnect. The even weirder part: if I go to the wifi network listing, I don't even have to turn wifi off and on or select the network and say "connect", simply opening the listing makes it connect on its own. This is driving up my data utilization as my work wifi is unstable, so disconnnects and reconnects several times a day. Now it just disconnnects and never reconnects. I have a Samsung tablet and an HTC work phone whose wifi autoconnects with no issues on the same networks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WiFi not autoconnecting to saved networks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're on the right track here, Xyloplax. To isolate third party app issues, there are two options. The first would be completing a factory reset and installing your apps one at a time. http://spr.ly/6582BqIVa The other option would be to delete your apps one at a time.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xyloplax

Having a stable connection is very important. Does this only occur at the unstable work WiFi connection? Has there been any new applications or updates from around the time this began happening?

ChristompherM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Xyloplax

Thanks for the reply. I have a stable home connection, once I manually

connect as described, it stays up. I can uninstall some recent apps, but I

am fairly certain that it does not correlate timewise. I install all

vz-pushed Android OS updates, but the last one I think predated the issue

by some time.

--

John

On May 5, 2016 7:13 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Xyloplax

I haven't had time to revisit this issue, but it is still unresolved. I have uninstalled all recent apps and the issue still persists.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would drive me crazy, Xyloplax. Samsung has a feature called Smart Switch. This will disconnect you from a WiFi network if your cellular signal is stronger. Let’s try turning it off and see if you have the same issue. Here is how: http://vz.to/1Wguo89

AllisonC_VZW

0 Likes
Xyloplax

That's actually the first thing I checked. It was not enabled. I tried

enabling it just to see, but that did not fix it. I just verified it is off.

--

John

On May 24, 2016 16:31, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Xyloplax

Thanks for keeping me posted. Let’s take a closer look.

I’d like to see if any other applications or software on your device is causing this problem. With that in mind, I’d like for you to test your device with it powered up in Safe Mode http://vz.to/249VA7P for a few hours. Let me know if you experience the same problem with the device in Safe Mode.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Xyloplax

I have run in safe mode for 12 hours now, and I have autoconnected to my

home, work, and 2 other saved networks with no issues, so ,yes, this is a

3rd party app problem. Soooo...how do we find which one?

--

John

On May 26, 2016 16:44, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're on the right track here, Xyloplax. To isolate third party app issues, there are two options. The first would be completing a factory reset and installing your apps one at a time. http://spr.ly/6582BqIVa The other option would be to delete your apps one at a time.

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes