WiFi Calling unavailable after last update?
bhoovermason

I updated my Samsung Galaxy S6 on August 27.  After I did that, I've been unable to use WiFi calling.  Due to the build of my apartment complex, I get 0-1 bars i my apartment.  I normally use WiFi calling by putting my phone on airplane mode or disabling the mobile network.  Now, I get a message saying that my phone was unable to make the call either because it was in airplane mode or there was no mobile network.  Every time I've done this I've been able to receive email/Whatsapp/Facebook, so I know it's not my internet.  I've done soft reboots and safe mode and every other diagnostic I can think of.  The only thing that's changed was this new software update.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: WiFi Calling unavailable after last update?
DAVBUL57
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  If this has ended the ability to use Wifi as the preferred network I will have to drop Verizon.  My phone is useless in my home.

0 Likes
LUVINLANIE2

Have u received a response from VW?

0 Likes
DAVBUL57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tech support helped me.  Try the following, it worked for me:

1) Turn of AP mode

2) Turn of HD calling

3) Power down for 10 min

4) Turn on HD calling

5) Turn on WIFI

6) Turn on AP mode

7) Turn on WIFI (again)

This worked fine on my S5

d_workman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I followed the instructions exactly (twice) but with no success on my S5.

Since instruction 5) has me turn on WiFi, then it seems that WiFi would be turned off prior to shutdown.

That was the state my phone was in upon shutdown.

Is there anything that was left out?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my wifi when at home and definitely want to make sure you have access to wifi calling when you need it, d.workman. Let's take a closer look into this. What happens when trying to use wifi calling? Do you receive any error messages? What is the current software in your phone?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes