Wi-Fi connection ... phone or user error?
sweet_november
Enthusiast - Level 1

My S4 will no longer connected to my home Wi-Fi. It connects to public Wi-Fi in the area but not my home connection. All other devices in my home are connected with no problems. I've restated the phone & turned on/off the Airplane mode to force a connection but neither worked. After the attempt to connect, it just connects to the next available service. Is this a phone error or user error?

0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi connection ... phone or user error?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could be the router - have you tried rebooting the router?  Look at the settings to see if you are limiting the connections by MAC address, or by number of devices.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would also look to make sure your Firmware is updated. What router do you have?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that all the features of the phone is working the way it should, Sweet_november. I appreciate you providing all the steps that you have tried to complete to test out the wi-fi. When did the home wi-fi not connecting to your S4? Was there any new updates to your phone or any new applications? Have you tried to remove the home wi-fi connection from your phone and re-add it? Here are the steps on how to complete this task:

Remove a Wi-Fi Network
1.From the Wi-Fi networks section, select the appropriate Wi-Fi network.
2.Tap Forget

Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

sweet_november
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I did try that as well and still no connection. To my knowledge I did t have any updates to any apps or my phone.

Thanks for your response.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Did you specifically unplug the router, while you did that forget the networks on your phone, then plug in the router again and reconnect.  Even though other devices connect to the router, what you describe is often the router itself.  Make sure you upgrade the firmware on the router.  Both of these excellent points were mentioned above, but you did not comment you tried them. 

0 Likes