Why won't my voice mail notifications go away?
sailreno

I have a voice mail notification on my S7 Edge that has been there since I activated my phone. I tried all the on-line troubleshooting steps including a forced stop and clearing the data. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice Mail Notificaion will no go away
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know exactly how it is to have a notification that will not  go away. You've already done quite a bit to resolve this,however, I would like you to do this:

Go to settings, application manager, slide top bar to all, (Tap More,Top Right  & selects Show System Apps. Go to "PHONE" in the list (you may see more than one, make sure you force stop clear data and cache on all of them), you clear the cache and data by hitting "storage".... you must power cycle the  device and  the notification should go away.

Please let me know how that works for you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

prometheuz
Contributor - Level 1

You are not alone, esp. if you updated to the latest Marshmallow OS, it seems to be a bug that plagues most S7 and S6 users. Try to wait for a software update that will fix it, or try to contact the Verizon Tech Chat team via http://vzw.com/contactus they might be able to provide you some workaround for your current issue Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know exactly how it is to have a notification that will not  go away. You've already done quite a bit to resolve this,however, I would like you to do this:

Go to settings, application manager, slide top bar to all, (Tap More,Top Right  & selects Show System Apps. Go to "PHONE" in the list (you may see more than one, make sure you force stop clear data and cache on all of them), you clear the cache and data by hitting "storage".... you must power cycle the  device and  the notification should go away.

Please let me know how that works for you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

dailey1421

I have done the force stop thing at least 8 times a day and it still doesn't work.  I  know several people that this is happening to and we don't have the same type of phone either

0 Likes