Why won't my device download anything from the Google Play Store?
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just bought my wife an s7 today and ordered an s7 edge for myself. Her s7 will not download anything from the play store on home wifi. It works fine on LTE or an xfinity wifi hotspot. I have updated the phone to the latest software update. It works fine browsing the internet on Wi-Fi but wont download or update apps. The software version is G930VVRU2APB5 which was supposed to fix this issue if I'm right. Hopefully this issue can be resolved. I've already read up on others with this issue and have found no way to fix this besides going outside my house to use xfinity wifi. Won't work on my 2.4ghz or 5ghz Wi-Fi. I do not have a VPN service to try but that has worked for others with the same issue.

0 Likes
Re: Why won't my device download anything from the Google Play Store?
Altitude
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Galaxy S7 Edge and am experiencing the same exact problem. Can't believe that a heavily advertised phone that is being bought by the millions is being shipped with a glaring problem.  Verizon Tech Support says it is a known issue.  I've tried everything you can imagine as recommended by technical advisors at Verizon, Samsung and Google Play Store, including a factory reset and phone replacement. The only workaround to download from the Play Store until a solution is found is to download (on 4G) and install an app called DNSet.  Starting that application will at least let you download from the Play Store over wireless.

Also, your phone probably has the ability to download Galaxy apps from the Samsung "Galaxy Essentials" You can find this by doing a long press on the screen and selecting "Widgets" Drag "Galaxy Essentials" over to a screen.  The Galaxy Essentials "store" will download Samsung's selection of apps over wireless without doing anything special.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply.  I've been posting in other threads about this.  I also can't believe this phone is being sold with this issue and has excellent reviews.  This isn't a little glitch it's a huge problem for everyone that uses WiFi.  I've been using a dns changer app to make it work on WiFi. it's ridiculous that you need to find a way to make an $800 new phone work

0 Likes
vern_radcliff

Same problem here.  Just learning that it's the WiFi...which is better and worse.   I'm very much looking forward to answer on this question.

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been using this app from the play store to make wifi work. I've tried everything else this is the only thing i cound find to help me. I've tried messing with the IPv6 settings in my router and nothing helped.

DNS Changer (no root 3G/WiFi) - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes