Why won't my device display the number of unread messages I have?
Acmeseed
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone will not display the number of unread messages on the icon as it does in other people's phones. My app is version 4.3.7 which is the latest as far as I know. My sister in-law has the same phone, same app version and hers shows the number on the icon. I have gone up and down the notification settings, but cannot find any setting that would control this.

My default Samsung messaging app that came with the phone does this by default.

Any ideas as to why this would not work?

I will greatly appreciate your response.

Mike.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Messaging App Galaxy S4 number of messages not displaying on icon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mike,

We definitely want you to be able to see the amount of your unread messages on the Verizon Messages app. Please try and clear the cache and data on the Messages application http://vz.to/1l1t8Rb. If that does not work please try to uninstall and reinstall the application. Let us know if this helps.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mike,

We definitely want you to be able to see the amount of your unread messages on the Verizon Messages app. Please try and clear the cache and data on the Messages application http://vz.to/1l1t8Rb. If that does not work please try to uninstall and reinstall the application. Let us know if this helps.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Barbaralbrown1
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is the cache and data

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Barbaralbrown1 wrote:

What is the cache and data

Data that apps on your device save on your device to remember your choices/preferences.  You can generally clear/delete it without affecting the apps operation by going to Settings, Apps, Selecting the app, Choosing  Storage and Cache and Clear/Delete.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clear the cache and data on the device, please go to Apps > Settings > More > Application manager. Choose an app and choose Clear cache and Clear data.

~Jesse