Why my phone isn't charging?
Speakit
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having an issue (on Samsung S5), just started 4 July 2015. Device stating my original charger is not compatible, I've never used anything but the original charger. The device is to not taking a charge via the USB port either, getting the same message - charger not compatible.

No, damage to phone or power charger. I read other folks are too having this issue, so sounds more like "another" Verizon issue at the customer expense.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why my phone isn't charging?
B33
Legend

Take it to your Local Corporate Store and see if they can replace the phone for you or replace the Charger.. that is about all you can do unless you have another compatible charger..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Speakit,

We can help ease our customers  minds. We can help you with this charging issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. This issue was addressed in a software update recently released.  Have you received any updates to your device? Here is some information on how to update your software.  http://vz.to/1Hz0R2Q

MarcusG_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Speakit
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just did the update, looks like everything is ok so far, but ill give it until morning as some apps are running slow. Ill give it time but will hit "correct answer" once confirmed....charger is recognized now

0 Likes
SummerKelley

So how the hell am I supposed to do an update if my phone is dead and wont charge??? This is craziness and I need my phone for business. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Run the Phone by a Corporate Store express you tried what you explained on here its for business you need it to work and see if they the Store either fixes it or sends you out a New S5.. I'll add it won't be brand new but a Certified Good as New.. Phone

0 Likes
Speakit
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, I did the update and the phone worked for about a good 8 hours after it took the charge. However, the phone is again not accepting the charge, stating my charger isn't compatible, so now I'm back to square one. So what is the secondary fix? Or do I just retry the previous fix, which mind you, now I may not have enough battery for the update.

I should be able to stop making payments or at least have it reduced when my phone is inop.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Take it to your Local Corporate Store and see if they can replace the phone for you or replace the Charger.. that is about all you can do unless you have another compatible charger..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly a dilemma we want to resolve, SummerKelley. It does make it impossible to update a phone if it's not turning on. So let's start with getting your phone working so that it can install the newest update from http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update. Have you tried multiple chargers? Does anything light up or any error appear when you plug it into the original home charger that came with your phone? Have you tried to take the battery out of your phone for about 30 seconds?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes