Why is there constant beeping on Samsung Galaxy S 3
cdel1

I am brand new to Verizon. Just got the Samsung Galaxy S3 yesterday, and so far, with every call, there is a constant double-beep that sounds like a call-waiting soun or notification alert, but I have the notification control set to "silent". It is not call waiting, because there is no name on the screen identifying a waiting caller. It is very annoying. I am the only one who can hear the beep. The person I am calling cannot hear it. I have tried pulling the battery and uninstalling/re-installing all apps. Nothing helps. I have contacted the store where I bought it. So far, nothing has fixed it. Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Why is there constant beeping on Samsung Galaxy S 3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cdel1@aol.com
Welcome to Verizon! Let's get these issues addressed! Please try Press phone>Menu>Settings?> my call sound and try changing the call alerts. If this doesn't work please power the device in safe mode and retest. Here's how: http://bit.ly/Wvg2zd

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Joe L
Follow us on Twitter@ VZWSuppot

0 Likes
Re: Why is there constant beeping on Samsung Galaxy S 3
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You may have the minute indicator turned on. This will give some sort of indication of every minute that passes during a phone call. Open the dialer, press menu, then settings, and see if this is an option.

0 Likes