Why is my battery draining so fast after the 4.3 Update?
vibrant2001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been struggling with the same issue I have seen on here numerous times with extreme battery drainage after the 4.3 update.  I have killed all unnecessary apps, cleared the cache, performed a factory reset and even tried a new battery, and still have an issue where after a full charge, my battery would drain to around 90% in less than 30 minutes.  Sometimes, even faster.

It seems that nobody has been able to nail down a solution, so I attempted to contact Samsung to see what their suggestions might be.

The conversation I had with an agent went as follows:

Chat transcript removed as required by the Terms of Service.

So, Presley basically told me, send it in and see if they can do anything about it.  I don't have the insurance set up on my account, so I can't hold that in place, and I have no other way to get in touch with people and have a small child, so I can't exactly just mail off my phone for them to examine it.  So, basically, Samsung is avoiding the issue and we still have no true resolution.

If anyone has any other ideas, fixes, things I can attempt without having to send my phone in for someone to "examine", it would be greatly appreciated.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S3 Battery Drain After 4.3 Update
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

To everyone having battery performance issues after the 4.3 Android OS update, try the Mobie Security Performance App v1.1.0.382 by Innopath Software (available from Google Play Store). It's been a blessing and a joy to have on my Samsung Galaxy S3-4.3. This little app is beautifully designed and runs unobtrussively in the background evaluating your device usage (requires 7 days of continuous monitoring) and alerting you to data, battery, and security issues that you can choose to adjust or ignore. This app is definitely worth a try out.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3 Battery Drain After 4.3 Update
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

To everyone having battery performance issues after the 4.3 Android OS update, try the Mobie Security Performance App v1.1.0.382 by Innopath Software (available from Google Play Store). It's been a blessing and a joy to have on my Samsung Galaxy S3-4.3. This little app is beautifully designed and runs unobtrussively in the background evaluating your device usage (requires 7 days of continuous monitoring) and alerting you to data, battery, and security issues that you can choose to adjust or ignore. This app is definitely worth a try out.

0 Likes