Re: Why is my battery draining after the update?
roz5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why in the world should we have to jump through hoops to maintain battery life on a phone that we paid mega bucks for????  I bought my S4 a month ago and the past 2 days, I have watched my battery drain right before my eyes!!  This is absolutely ridiculous!!!   I have done everything suggested in this forum---then again, I ask myself... WHY should I have to do all of this garbage for a phone that is not even one month old????  Shame on you, Verizon!!  Now I am stuck with this piece of junk for TWO years!!!  What good is a smart phone if it dies in the middle of a day??  Disgusted doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about Verizon!!

Scoobyshack
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is Verizon working on a fix for these problems?  Anyone?

bbonz001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im experiencing the same problems.

Having to charge my phone by midday if im lucky. Have noticed an excessive amount of heat when using it too.

Also experiencing the syncing issues where im not getting emails, and especially whatsapp messages. I rely on whatsapp heavily as i moved here from New Zealand and have a large international group. I have to open the app and play around with it for a few seconds then literally receive 100's of messages all in one go.

This isnt on. My phone used to be great. Not its just a pain in the ass as im constantly worried about battery life and being able to use it when i actually need it.

I have been through all of the steps mentioned. And to be honest, its rubbish. Just a shot in the dark.

Just please fix the issue, or let us revert back to the last version that was fine.

4LeafClover

Same here.  Had the update a couple of days ago, and my battery is drained mid-day.  Additionally, the phone gets extremely hot.  Not sure what is with this update that is causing such a major malfunction

I have read through these posts and it seems as though Verizon does not provide a clear answer on what is going on. Why go through all 25 steps to improve my battery live, when two days ago I had a perfectly working battery.

0 Likes
kkells
Enthusiast - Level 2

MANY makes and models are experiencing this issue. Just do a Google search & you'll see it. Or ask your friends & family who are on Verizon. Thus far, Verizon has not explained why this is an issue, nor have they been able to fix it.

As for removing the battery... Some phones, such as the HTC One, do not have removable batteries. So we are especially *screwed* by this problem since we can't carry around a spare battery to swap out several times a day.

0 Likes