Why is Galaxy S4 mini not showing correct OS after 4.3 update-still showing 4.2.2 OS?
crazyhubbyndad
Enthusiast - Level 2

i updated my galaxy s4 mini with the latest update when it came out and it was supposed to include Android 4.3. My phone still shows 4.2.2 but i have all the other enhancements from the update. i did a hard reset and it did not solve the issue. how do i get my phone to show the OS 4.3 instead of 4.2.2? anyone have any information about this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S4 mini not showing correct OS after 4.3 update-still showing 4.2.2 OS
crazyhubbyndad
Enthusiast - Level 2

the support documentations shows it is supposed to be 4.3 just like the regular galaxy, and live chat said it was supposed to be 4.3 as well

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 mini not showing correct OS after 4.3 update-still showing 4.2.2 OS
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think the recent update was supposed to be still 4.2.2 OS version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
crazyhubbyndad
Enthusiast - Level 2

the support documentations shows it is supposed to be 4.3 just like the regular galaxy, and live chat said it was supposed to be 4.3 as well

0 Likes
peterzigzag

I purchased a Samsung S4 Mini in early December and installed the update as soon as it became available, which was supposed to include android version 4.3. My phone received the update with all the proper components, according to the literature, except for Android 4.3. My phone still reads 4.2.2. I did research on my own because even the level 2 tech support people at Verizon are unable to answer questions like this, which should be a simple matter. It turns out that the upgrade to 4.3 was not included in this update but will be included in a future update. I hope this helps.

0 Likes