Why don't I get group texts on my Samsung Galaxy S7?
jay8000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7.  When I sent a text to an individual contact, I get the text messages they send back.  When I sent a text to multiple contacts, I rarely get the messages they send back.  I recently moved from an iPhone 4S to the S7.  I have gone to Apples site to deregister my number from iMessages and when I tried that, I got a message saying, "Your phone number is not registered with iMessage"

What do I do in order to get group text messages from my contacts?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not getting all texts on Samsung Galaxy S7
jay8000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks all.  I disabled Message+ and found the Samsung default message app.  And that is working.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jay8000, we know the importance of receiving all of your texts.You should be able to use what you pay for. Lets look into this further. Are you using the default messaging application on the phone or Verizon Message +?

Have the texts ever worked correctly for you?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jay8000 We want you to love messaging on your new S7. Let's work together and see what's causing some of the group messages to be delayed. You mentioned that this rarely happens so please let know how often group messages do not go through?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jay8000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I have only had this phone for 4 days.  It doesn't seem like I've consistently gotten texts back when I send a group text.  In fact, I've only gotten 1 reply back and I've send 3-4 group texts since I bought this phone.  Individual texts seem to work fine; it seems as though group texts are the issue. 

I am using Message+.  This was one of the apps located at the bottom of my phone screen when the Verizon store rep handed it to me.  Also, when I look under Apps then under Verizon, I only see Message+.  I don't see another Message app.

0 Likes
jay8000
Enthusiast - Level 2

My outgoing group messages are working correctly (it seems). But only once have I gotten a response text back despite knowing people are sending messages to me. 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

whether or not the iphone is registered or not registered, it's still getting messages thru wi-fi.

0 Likes
jay8000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks all.  I disabled Message+ and found the Samsung default message app.  And that is working.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i had problems with message+ years ago & opt for the default app.....glad you fixed the problem.

0 Likes
rel2010

SOLUTION: Samsung S7 not receiving text msg:

Vzw store replaced Sim Card, S7 now receives text msgs.

0 Likes