Why doesn't swiping to delete mail work?
stevegotl
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Galaxy 6 edge just updated the OS software and now I can't delete my mail with a swipe like I used to do. Now I have to open the email up and press delete. way too many steps when you have tons of emails.... Why did they change that and how do I get it back...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mail delete swipe feature doesnt work after the update... What is Verizon doing???
Tidbits
Legend

If they replaced it with the app that is on the S7 then swipe right to left deletes and right to left gives more options.

View solution in original post

Re: Mail delete swipe feature doesnt work after the update... What is Verizon doing???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stevegotl, I'd be just as concerned with a change in how a particular app behaves. Is this in reference to GMail or a different application?

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stevegotl
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's with the mail app that came with the Galaxy 6 edge phone... How can I

tell what app name it is?

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 9:13 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If they replaced it with the app that is on the S7 then swipe right to left deletes and right to left gives more options.

Tidbits
Legend

It has nothing to do with Verizon but Samsung changing how their apps work.

0 Likes
stevegotl
Enthusiast - Level 2

That worked.... Thanks...

right to left swipe

Tidbits
Legend

Lol sorry I wrote it wrong on one of the motions.  I am used to left to right myself being left handed makes it easier but alas...

0 Likes
AngeliaS
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is exactly the question I was coming here to post!  Thank you Tidbits for the info!  I was mighty ticked when I swiped from left to right like I always did and it took two extra steps to delete an email.  Glad to see it still works by swiping, but it's going to take some getting used to swiping from right to left now!@

0 Likes