Why does the camera not work after the update was installed in February?
vierlingsa

The updated originally installed on February 15th and my camera has not worked since.  I can no longer zoom into take pictures up close and also I get a message that says You cannot zoom in current mode.  My camera used to have 7 different modes and now it only has 3 neither of which will allow you to zoom.  I bought this expensive phone last July because of the camera function and now it does not work.  Paying all this money has got me nothing. 

Also now the WIFI will not connect.  It was connected until this weekend past.  It shows up as a gray shadow and when you try to turn it on it does not move the button and stay on.  The battery is draining faster and faster everyday. 

You think that doing a Factory reset is easy but its not after you have so many contacts and not to mention the pictures on your camera.  I am on the cloud but do not want to lose anything. 

HOW DO YOU FIX THESE PROBLEMS? !

0 Likes
Re: Why does the camera not work after the update was installed in February?
Snn5
Legend

You already have contacts and photos backed up, so that's no issue.

The following process has helped many, maybe you can benefit from this as well.  I know you don't WANT to FDR, but if you haven't already, this might be a NEED to operation.

Plug into charger for the entire process

(DISABLE google backup and restore of apps and app data)

Charge to 100% and back up and factory reset the phone

Factory reset one more time

Unplug from charger

Set up your phone

Leave phone on until it dies and turns off 1 time

Leave off and recharge to 100%

This is my usual process and I have had no issues.

0 Likes