Why does my Galaxy S7 have consistently bad reception?
GotVic
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just wanted to post for the community, to help others who might be in the same situation.

Purchased the new S7 and immediately started having problems with people hearing me, constantly complaining I'm breaking up. No issues with the Droid Turbo prior to this, or the string of iPhones before that.

Verizon sent me a new phone, still have the same problem. I activated the voice over wi-fi feature, and will give it some time to see if this has a positive result. I talk on the phone very little, but when I do... "Can you hear me now? Can you hear me now? Can you hear me now?"

So far I have been very disappointed with this S7, and have like $644 to pay it off before I can get something else.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S7 has consistently bad reception.
GotVic
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wanted to spend a little time with the phone before replying, as I don't talk on the phone often.

Since I have turned on the voice over wifi feature, I've not experienced any complaints from individuals at the other end of the call.

As I make the majority of my calls at work or home, where wifi is available, this seems to have resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to be sure you are getting the reliable signal you deserve GotVic. Let's see what we need to do to get this issue resolved. I know you mentioned that you have experienced the issue with both devices. Have we tried a different SIM card in the phones? Does the service issue happen in one specific location or does it happen anywhere you are?

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GotVic
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wanted to spend a little time with the phone before replying, as I don't talk on the phone often.

Since I have turned on the voice over wifi feature, I've not experienced any complaints from individuals at the other end of the call.

As I make the majority of my calls at work or home, where wifi is available, this seems to have resolved the issue.

0 Likes
davidh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I’m glad to read of the success since activating the feature, GotVic. We aim to provide all options towards resolution, and I’m glad we’ve hit upon one that’s “so far, so good.” Should you need anything additional, we are always only a post away.

davidh_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes