Why does my Galaxy S7 Reboots Nonstop After Update?
KumateiDragon1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today around 12:30pm ET, my GS7 downloaded a Samsung voice-to-text update.  There may have been other updates as well, but I didn't notice.  Shortly thereafter, my phone began to reboot nonstep.  It gets to the lockscreen, but doesn't last long enough to give me a chance to perform any functions before it reboots again.

I've attempted to reboot into Safe Mode (holding the Volume Down button), but it even reboots the same in that mode as well.

Please help, as I don't have a way to call into Verizon Tech Support for assistance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S7 Reboots Nonstop After Update
KumateiDragon1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Kathy65793,

Thank you so much for the suggestion, but unfortunately wiping the cache partition didn't help. I ultimately took it to the VZW store and had to do a full factory reset.

It's been fine ever since.

Thanks again for your suggestion!

B

View solution in original post

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Try to hold power/home/volume up and see if you can get it into recovery mode.Then try to clear cache partition. use the volume down to highlight clear cache then use power button to confirm then you will have to use the volume down again to say yes.Then just reboot

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Any luck?

0 Likes
lasinah_vzw
Verizon Employee

KumateiDragon1, we want this random behavior to stop. Have you powered your device off/on since this retrieving that software update? Did you update the software for all of the applications downloaded to your device?

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
KumateiDragon1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Kathy65793,

Thank you so much for the suggestion, but unfortunately wiping the cache partition didn't help. I ultimately took it to the VZW store and had to do a full factory reset.

It's been fine ever since.

Thanks again for your suggestion!

B

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update, it so much appreciated. Especially thank you for working with us. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

DoloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Sorry I usually say that if the clear cache didn't work to do the factory reset in the recovery page if I did I probably could have saved you the trip but I'm glad that it is working again

0 Likes