Why does my Galaxy S5 lose cellular signal until restart daily?
rblrednk2000

Nearly everyday, my Galaxy S5 will have zero cellular signal when I am standing in a location with good service.  I cannot make phone calls or send texts.  Service will return after fully shutting down the phone and then turning it back on.  Why is this happening?  A phone is for making phone calls, and if I can't do that without trouble then I need another phone and/or service provider.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my Galaxy S5 lose cellular signal until restart daily?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your loyalty, rblrednk2000, and we don't want to see you looking elsewhere. Let's see how we can help address the issues you've had with service. When this happens, does it always happen in the same location, or can it happen anywhere?

When did the issue begin?

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rblrednk2000

This issue started last month when we relocated to Indiana. It most

frequently, but not always, occurs after I have been inside my office

building (it has also occurred at our home). The building has solid WiFi,

and spotty 4G and cellular service. Outside of the building, reception is

perfect. However, many times after I leave this building, my phone reports

no reception with an "x" next to the reception bars. I can wait an

infinite amount of time and reception does not return, regardless of my

location. Restart of the phone does not help, I have to turn it off and

then turn it back on.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 10:33 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rblrednk2000, thank you for the additional information. We always want you to have a working phone. Do you find this only really happens when you have the phone on WIFI and then disconnect from the connection?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rblrednk2000

Most of the time, yes. Although I do not ever turn the wifi off, but I may

wander away from available wifi. It did happen once at my home before wifi

was installed.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:50 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information, rblrednk2000. Let’s continue working together to get down to the bottom of this. Can you please place the phone in safe mode to see if the same issue exists. If possible please keep the phone in safe mode for at least 12 hours. http://vz.to/1GiE6ty

TionnaB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ttyl06

What ended up being the solution here?  I'm experiencing the same issue.  Twice per day I need to reboot my S5 in order to receive signal.   I've tried changing the mobile network from Global to the LTE/CDMA as well as LTE/GSM/UMTS modes, but nothing works except a reboot.

Different topic, but I'm surprised that when I DO get signal it is always weak.  I figured Denver would be an area that was covered well by the Verizon Network when I signed up. 

I never had issues like this w/ T-Mobile, even with the same make & model phone.  I did like that T-Mobile's S5 supported Wifi calling as well.  This phone I have now is near unusable in my house due to such a weak signal from the Verizon towers, plus I don't have the ability to use Wifi calling since it is not supported by Verizon on this phone.

Any help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having great signal is important, Ttyl06. Do you have WiFi on? Have you tested your phone without WiFi to see what signal you get? Have you tried placing your device in Safe Mode to see if that helps with your signal? Here is how: http://vz.to/1eYO79i

AllisonC_VZW

0 Likes