Why do deleted text messages keep coming back?
Tracy77777

Who do deleted text messages keep coming back?  I've rebooted the phone (Samsung Galaxy S5)  after I've deleted all the conversations only to have them come back.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Why do deleted text messages keep coming back?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tracy77777, we want to help you get rid of those text messages once and for all! Did you download a text messaging application to your device from Google Play Market? Are you using the text messaging application on the device?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tracy77777

I believe it was the app that came with the device, Message+.  However, I deleted the messages and the app, rebooted the phone, reinstalled the app from Google Play Market and it's showing old messages.  What is really strange is it's displaying messages that are older than 3 months.  Not newer messages.

0 Likes
Tracy77777

I also cleared the cache.

0 Likes
Samyesoso
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is this still an issue? There's been several comments regarding deleted text messages coming back since the most recent update. It's been brought to your attention several times in the last couple weeks. Please fix this problem!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tracy77777, we're here to make these zombie texts go away for good. With the understanding that Message+ is involved in this, we'll help get these deleted via the My Verizon Webpage. Once you are logged into the account, follow these directions: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-94930/ These allow you to delete entire conversations or indivdual texts. Once removed online, moments later, they'll be gone from the phone.
DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mrsgenas

No I went online n deleted mine! Everyday several times a day the messages are back again! I'm frustrated because it was a bulk message n it's like 17 different people i messaged that keeps coming back. This started last week after the update to phone 😞

0 Likes
Angelacb213

I have this same problem, but it is a variety texts and threads from August to January that keep reappearing in my inbox. I delete and the next time I look they are back. I tried to login online but it only showed the last 30 days or so of texts  so there is no way to delete them there. So frustrating! And these literally just showed up a few weeks ago and will never stay deleted since.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mrsgenas,

Sorry to hear about unwanted messages coming back. I know that can be frustrating. Do you use the Verizon Cloud application or another backup app? If so, has the phone been set up to backup your messages?

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tfrays

Use the stock application "messages" and relieve yourself of all the headaches.

0 Likes