Why do I not have permission to install Android 6.0 (marshmallow), version 6.01?
Tobimeister

This exact thing just happened to me.  Galaxy S6, using Android 6.0 (marshmallow), version 6.01, and no, I do not have permission to install from unknown sources turned on.  I had not downloaded anything or installed anything recently, but this came up.  I ran a scan and it said there are no threats, nor are there any in threat history.  "Learn More" just shows "8 common-sense tips to keep your smartphone safe".  Can Verizon please let us know what this means?

0 Likes
Re: Why do I not have permission to install Android 6.0 (marshmallow), version 6.01?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this the system update being flagged? Which application is flagging it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why do I not have permission to install Android 6.0 (marshmallow), version 6.01?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's find out why you're having trouble with this update, Tobimesiter. Are you getting this as an error message? Is the phone prompting you to install the update first, or are you going to settings to attempt?

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes