Why do I keegetting sign in failed notifications from the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini e-mail app. How do I stop this?
rehmbo66

I started getting sign in failed notifications on my Galaxy S4 today saying the server password has changed and to enter the new one. I did not change anything. I can still access the app and send and receive e-mails but the notification keeps popping up. Anyone have any ideas on what Verizon did this time?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: , I've been getting sign in failed notifications from the samsung galaxy s4 mini email app on my verizon.net email account. It says the server password has changed and asks me to enter the new one. My password has not changed, but it won't take it. I'
mickipapi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Change your incoming email server to pop.verizon.net and set security to SSL.

Change your outgoing email server to smtp.verizon.net and set security to SSL.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: , I've been getting sign in failed notifications from the samsung galaxy s4 mini email app on my verizon.net email account. It says the server password has changed and asks me to enter the new one. My password has not changed, but it won't take it. I'
eds47

Wife and I have the same problem but we have the S5 Smartphone vs the S4. It started about 3 days ago. Hey VZ wireless what type of upgrade did you do to your server/s or interface to the verizon.net email system?

0 Likes
gene1234

I've been receiving the same message.  The icon is an envelope with @ in its lower right corner and disappears within a few minutes.  It has no header information and asks for your password, but doesn't ask you to repeat the password.  Looks to me like a phishing e-mail.

0 Likes
SueJT

I'm having the same problem on my S4. I have reinstalled my email accounts two times now but I keep on getting that message. This has started happening since the last OTA update in December.

0 Likes
mickipapi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Change your incoming email server to pop.verizon.net and set security to SSL.

Change your outgoing email server to smtp.verizon.net and set security to SSL.

0 Likes
SueJT

mickipapi:

I don't know if this worked for rehmbo66 or not, but it didn't work for me. I get the message (randomly) "Incoming server login error - ERR[SYS/TEMP] Service Temporarily Unavailable"

Sue

0 Likes
mickipapi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are your ports set to incoming 995 and outgoing 465

0 Likes
SueJT

Yes they are and I don't get that message every time, just occasionally.

0 Likes
SueJT

mickipapi -

I think it's working now!! I was getting the error messages pretty frequently and did get one after I made the changes you suggested (actually I only had to change the incoming settings to SSL) but haven't had the error message since!

Thank you so much!

Sue

0 Likes
mickipapi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad to hear it.  These messages were getting frustrating.  Verizon did something to their other servers.

0 Likes